Gordon

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by time to run, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    They will promise those miles to you and you will get them for the 1st few weeks and then your lucky to get 2200/week. You might take home $500-800/week.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. time to run

time to run Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2014
    bainbridge pa
    Yeah stew I kinda figured that,but when he told me 2 lies back to back that sealed the deal of me not driving for gti/heartland,he tried to call me 2 times this week since I turned the job down and I don't even wanna hear what other lies he has to say...lol

4. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    It's a shame because Gordon used to be a great company and didn't have to resort to deceit to recruit drivers.

5. time to run

Mar 5, 2014
    bainbridge pa
    I agree,from what I was told they were a good company,but like I said if they lie to u just to get u there I can only imagine how they would treat u when driving for them,don't need that b.s....time to run will not drive for a lying,cheating,carrier,lol...

6. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    They weren't like that until November 11, 2013 when it was announced that Heartland bought them out. Now it's no good because the scumbags from Iowa have their hands in it.

7. time to run

Mar 5, 2014
    bainbridge pa
    What a shame,going from a fame to insane carrier.... that's just crazy....

8. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    That fame, time-to-run, was not well-earned.

Gordon had the lying bit down pat and ground new hires into the ground just as well as any mega except for 1) tons of freight (mainly short, peewee and regional runs), 2) always insisted that you ran legal and NEVER asked you to run illegal and 3) solid equipment backed up by maintenance where OTR (over the road service) had clout and punch over operations.

If you got a $1500 bonus from Gordon as a new hire, believe me, Gordon milked every cent of that back in your first month to six weeks in peewee loads where you donated Gordon 4 hours a day, minimum to load and unload for free while driving virtually local, a new short load every day.

The much vaunted Gordon was a short run, regional carrier disguising itself as a long haul carrier, which it wasn't. The acquisition made that public record.

Look for a company close to you with low, low turnover and wouldn't have to line a honey pot with a big bonus to lure you into something you'll soon regret.

time to run Thanks this.
  9. time to run

Mar 5, 2014
    bainbridge pa
    I'm looking hard and gonna make sure it's what I want and it's gonna b a great move for me,tired of all the lies,b.s.that all the mega companies r about,I been getting lots of offers but none to my liking yet,but patience is a vertue...

10. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    To add insult to injury gti/heartland has gotten rid of most of their local drivers and are using otr drivers to run the local stuff as well. It happened some before but from what I am told it has increased quite a bit.

11. time to run

Mar 5, 2014
    bainbridge pa
    What a shame,I feel for those driver's, I wouldn't put up w/that b.s.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.