Gordon

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by time to run, Jun 12, 2014.

1. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    We didn't. That's why we are out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. time to run

time to run Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2014
    bainbridge pa
    Understand,good move,good move,

4. OriginalBigfoot

OriginalBigfoot Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    WTF? This thread is crazy... I work for Gordon and IF you're a good dependable driver, they'll run you forever. I just got home from a 36 day trip, 18,000 miles plus a lot of fluff money. What to challenge that statement? Put your money where your mouth is and I'll send you a screenshot of my dispatch Qualcomm!

First off, GTI is not controlled by Heartland, they are totally autonomous except for swapping loads. Drivers that complain about miles all have one thing in common, they don't do accurate ETA PTA messages! That's about it! Screw the planners and they'll take it out on you.

It's all about attitude and work ethic here. If you run, and I mean run all the time, they won't let you down. Like any other Mega, you make them money and they'll keep you very happy...

5. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I was at gti 5 years and was told by my dm and fm that i was one of the top 5 drivers... i always did fine and then the wheels came off the bus...my last 2 months there i only got 7k miles each month and could not afford to allow things to continue...
    glad you are doing well though

6. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Lol. I have a good work ethic. I also stayed out 2-3 months at a time. Never turned down anything. I was also on the reefer side. Truck 10234 and then 10871. If I'd have made money there, I'd still be there and so would Tow. And chowick. And greyhound. And a bunch of others that GTI decided to play games with.

7. OriginalBigfoot

Oct 27, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Funny, but I experienced the same thing at American Eagle out of Lancaster TX before Celadon bought them out. Ten years with them and all I heard about from other drivers was how few miles they got... I never got less than 12k/month there. Only left because of the buyout... Celadon doesn't respect senority.

You could be right, I'm just a rookie with the company with only four trips out and and 74k miles. But I have to say, all of the 5year plus drivers I meet love GTI and none of them complain. The ones I see complaining are the same ones I saw at AEL... Truck stop/Terminal junkies.

I'll say it again, accurate ETA/PTA and running ahead of schedule will keep you rolling. Simply delivering on time and taking your time doesn't cut it. I have developed a really good relationship with both my dispatcher and planner and have both their phone numbers. They know I'll usually roll ahead of schedule and I'm always preplanned. Hopefully it stays that way...

8. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    That was what i always said while at gti....always ran 12 to 13 k a month... one of the problems for me was that i ran out of the indy terminal and had mostly former celadon people running it..i gave up a lot when i left...
    I did realize that there was a big difference in operations from the midwest drivers and west coast drivers after heartland took over...i suppose you are on a west coast board...

9. Logan May

Logan May Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2015
    I work for Heartland express and unless there's another Gordon outfit out there, u also work for heartland. We bought them out a while back if that's the case your with a great company!

10. OriginalBigfoot

Oct 27, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I run out of the Indy terminal in OTR. And again, while we pull HL trailers and loads, GTI is still an independent company. HL owns 49% of GTI, which is not controlling interest. The deal was made in two parts, 49% and pay off all debts 19 months ago, and 2% scheduled to happen before the end of this year. As I understand it from people in the know, the owner of GTI is again trying to buy out HL. That was the original deal that somehow got reversed. It doesn't matter to me either way what happens. If the HL buyout gets finalized, I go from $0.49 to $0.50 plus $0.01 for Hazmat, so there's no down side for me. I would miss my Freightliner with the APU though...

11. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Uh, wow did you get some wrong information. Heartland owns GTI. Owns the trucks, the terminals, the name, everything. Not a "controlling interest". Gordon sold to Heartland Express and that's it.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.