Got a call from Werner Recruiter today!

Discussion in 'Werner' started by bug83, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Jacob6875

Jacob6875 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Springfield, IL
    Depends which one but for the most part yes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Spacer

Spacer Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Little Rock, AR
    I've done a few dedicated runs over the years. For a while I worked for Werner as a dedicated driver, hauling for Southwest Canners out of Portales NM.
    For the most part, we were home every night, with maybe one or two nights out during the week.
    It was a pretty sweet gig, but as with so many things, it ended. I'm not sure who has that account now.

Torque2Haul Thanks this.
  4. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    some dedicated drivers get a daycab and some get home every weekend and ..some dont. :) But they all make more money than an otr driver if they are good workers.

5. PoorTiredDriver

PoorTiredDriver Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2007
    all48, us
    RUN!! Don't walk away from this company. I wasted 13 years with them. Got a million miles accident free, made no difference they still treated me like ####. I cannot recommend this company for career oriented drivers. If you have to use them for experience, do so at your own risk. They do not treat their drivers with the respect they deserve. One of the lowest paying carriers in the business, there has not been a pay increase in over 6 years. Cost of living keeps going up, pay at Werner has not. Layover and Long Island pay are stuck at levels somewhere in the 1970's $25 a day does not even buy a pizza most places. What a joke. in fact they cut stop pay on many dedicated accounts, as well as for the OTR driver. Used to be 1st stop $25, 2nd $35, 3rd $50 and $75 for each stop after. They cut that back to $25 for each stop flat rate. Some dedicated accounts don't even get that anymore. I know I filled in on the HyVee dedicated, no stop pay at all. That lasted all of a week. Back to 48 state. Lack of pay raises, cut miles (due mostly to the Pony Express/NetOps, and gypsy trainer teams), means little money for the harder working OTR driver. Don't be like me and waste 13 years only to fall victim to the company that could care less about you the driver.

6. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

Who are you with now?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.