Got approved by Crete today.

Discussion in 'Crete' started by JediTrucker, Apr 30, 2010.

1. tut

tut Light Load Member

Say Franktaylor, was your trainer from GA? I'd say he's a good trainer. Precise with logs, qualcomm and such. I've been in his truck for three days now, drove all but the first day.

Although I'm not taking my laptop, I'm home for a night as we wait to deliver a load early in the week with NO early delivery available. So, he's doing this and that and I took my private vehicle home from the terminal we stopped at. Long story I suppose...

Just wanted to see how things were going out there for you and to say that so far all ok with my Crete trainer so far.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. franktaylor

franktaylor Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    manchester, tn
    i had a shaffer trainer from pa and then a crete guy from tx. i have been out on my own now for 5 days, it feels really good although the 160 mile load with a whole day to deliver sucks. i'm at the consignee now , 18 hours earlyu and no chance of getting unloaded til tomorrow. so far i'm loving it though. i would like to get home since i only got there one day during training. i sent some messages today so we'll see what happens. the 8 weeks of training seemed like forever but now it feels great. i got an older truck without an apu but it's nice. the cruise doesn't work but i never really cared for that anyway. stay safe and good luck with your training

4. Rknightpd

Rknightpd Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    College Park, GA
    Hey guy's
    Good thread, info on training was good, a little mixed but ya do get all kinds in every business. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Crete hires team(Husband & Wife)
    We start CDL training hopefully in Jan. We do have an app. in with another co. but the pay ya'll are describing is some better at Crete, and one thing that I didn't catch anybody refer to was miles after you were through with training. What kinda miles are you getting?

5. franktaylor

franktaylor Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    manchester, tn
    i've only been out on my own for 2 weeks so can't really say much about miles yet. i was supposed to be home on friday, according to my FM , and they gave me a load to MA for friday. i then got a 1000 mile load home. so last week was good. i trained with a shaffer guy and a crete guy and would have to say that me and the crete guy did a lot more running but he's been around longer than the shaffer guy and possibly knows how to work it better. I can say the yearly number for shaffer and crete is the same though, 117000, as far as average miles go. i'll head back out on friday and i'll try to keep ya updated. i plan on staying out at least 6 weeks at a time. as far as husbands and wives, i met a guy and his wife in PA at our terminal one day. they both went out with the same trainer at the same time so they must do something with it. I'll know more about the hiring stuff once i get into my home terminal and tallk to the recruiting guy. anyway, hope this is helpful to some. i'll end by saying , so far i'm really happy i got on board with shaffer. they have been great through the whole process.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.