Got fired from crete, y i k e s

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TruckerRawb, Jun 18, 2022.

1. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

No reason in the world a person shouldn’t be able to make a U turn here with that short tractor. But not everyone has the ability, maybe the company knows this and try’s to avoid it?

Friend took this pic about 8 miles from my home, route 2 here in WV between Huntington & Point Pleasant at Hillbilly Hotdogs….

CAFD7289-B5F8-4E40-A199-23109F4B80F2.jpeg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yes same with out company does not matter if you have a squeaky clean record all trucks have cameras full stop. More and more companies are going to go with this program as insurance companies demand higher premiums. All of our trucks have at least 5 camera's two filming the driver, one filming forward movement and two facing backwards down each side of the trailer.

4. merv85

merv85 Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2020
    Dallas, Tx
    How do the company know if the driver has run a red light/roll through a stop sign/ made a U-turn?

I was under the impression that most cameras gets activated by some trigger(hard braking or roll stability) and then record the last few minutes from the trigger incident

Do these companies hire 24/7 camera watchers ?

xlsdraw and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Habits, habits habits Rolling stops is a bad habit. Matter of time till it gets you a ticket. My daughter just got one 4 hrs ago, leaving my house. No traffic, almost completely stopped, but didn’t. Live and Learn. They would have fired Me 4 times last week for U turns. If I have at least 7 lanes, preferably 8, and it’s safe, and no signs against it, I’m making a u turn, before driving into oblivion, getting into a jam. U turn in a T/T on the Interstate? Straight to stupid jail if it were up to me. I wonder what they’d do for blindsiding into my banks parking lot, at 3:00 am last week Lol. Fired! Fired! Fired! Be safe out there. Common sense and good habits pay off.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    We love Crete.

Vic Firth and bryan21384 Thank this.
  7. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I had a drive cam at Crete. They removed it exactly two months from hire date. It was because of a lie from another carrier on hire right. Ok with me. I thought it fair. Treated me fair with it. Doesn’t mean somebody with attitude didn’t get in there ‘coaching’. I will still say Crete is a good company. Much experience and wisdoms there. But also some problems. Little people with attitudes. I quit twice. Gave them second chance. I wrote it all in a Crete thread.
    Company I’m at now is great. I even told them they should have dash cams. For our defense. Right now I’m fighting a ticket. Got the patrolman in deep do doo. For illegally parking in the middle of the road. And tearing up a patrol car. Shutting it down from +70mph to parked with nothing but two ea. 1second stabs on the brake. Proven with dash cam. More… to his own doo doo. Won’t get into it since not dash cam stuff.
    Dash cams are good. But can be abused by wrong people.
    On this. My own dash cam failed me. My company gave me their dash cam video. Good company. Also that’s why I left magnum. Idiot wouldn’t give me video

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    bryan21384, Diesel73 and bzinger Thank this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    You hit a police car going 70?

bzinger Thanks this.
  9. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    :laughing-guffaw:That’s a good one!
    When you’re doing 64. Shows him pulling away from you at rapid pace. Pretty much proves 70+.
    He was trying to deceive me. Provoking tickets. Based on talk. Not evidence. I think he was mad he had to work Thanksgiving day. I wasn’t going to get anything out of Denver till Monday. Less than 2 days away. I decided to take it easy. Check out west Texas.

10. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    The camera tech has gotten smarter. It can actually tell a driver runs a stop light or sign or etc.

Some fancy software they have. My company put cameras in our trucks to lower insurance rates but we don’t have any stupid rules other than don’t smash into anything and drive like you have some sense.

I had a load get damaged because of another driver they just went after them for it. (Side swiped me moving from center lane, I jerked onto the dirt shoulder and it shook me and the truck to ####) only damage to truck was my snapped drivers mirror

merv85 Thanks this.
  11. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Get a ticket or a bad inspection, then get a call from your insurance agent, then come back here and tell us about driving without restrictions.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.