Got on with a FedEx Contractor

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by X-Country, Feb 24, 2015.

1. fuzzeymateo

fuzzeymateo Heavy Load Member

May 20, 2013
    AZ

Great picture! I worked for two different contractors out of two different hubs from 2001 to 2006. The quality of driver just kept getting worse and worse. I could tell story after story about Ground drivers, things that I still can't believe but I'll just stay quite! LOL!

Giggles the Original Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Maybe I read your posts wrong on my hauling doubles thread.But I thought you had already started this job and thought u was making 50cpm solo.I didn't know this is a team operation.What math are you doing,you'll be making roughly $625.00 a week.That is what YOU WILL be making.You'll make 25 cpm which is standard with any company and teams,the contractor was going to pay me 38 cpm solo and you thought that was too low,lol.Which you're right but there was other things that didn't add it.So when you think about it,this contractor isn't any different then the one I was going to drive for but after thinking strongly about it with the help of you all on my thread I turned down the job.Good luck and please keep us up dated.

4. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    50cpm x 5000 = $2500.00

spectacle13 and X-Country Thank this.
  5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    50cpm team which is 25 cpm solo which is 2500 per driver if both do their share of driving which is 25 cpm X2500=625.00.But this contractor is splitting the pay to how many miles total.So time will tell just how much the op will be making every week.I wish her the best of luck.

6. slim shady

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Teams split ALL miles, 5000 mi x 25cpm

7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    And why haven't you been keeping up with my thread,lolhttp://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...d-truckers-advice/274109-hauling-doubles.html.Contractors aren't nearly as picky.I was going to drive for a fed ex contractor.All I needed was a doubles endorsement and shown how to hook up and unhook.

Giggles the Original Thanks this.
  8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Hopefully the op doesn't get a lazy driver.

X-Country Thanks this.
  9. X-Country

X-Country Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Passed my doubles/triples test today on the first try.

Unfortunately I am sick with pneumonia so wont be starting till next week sometime.

no. MY rate is .50 cpm. I wouldnt work for .25 cpm. I would just stay at home and collect unemployment till July and break it off in Werners butt!

I clarified this with the hiring manager and it is .50 cpm that I, myself make. The other driver makes more than I do because he has a lot more experience.

No I havent started yet. was waiting on my bg check and mvr to come back, which it did yesterday.

Now that I have passed my doubles/triples test and have my endorsement all thats left is my roadtest next week, orientation and paperwork and I will be set.

not on this contract. I get .50 cpm and half of the miles the tractor logs.

I will be with a team driver who has a lot of experience. He has been with them for 3 years and the hiring manager said they havent had any issues with or problems out of him. He is married and has kids, in his 30's.

Yeah, I never heard of most people that couldnt R-E-A-D...but you proved me wrong today, so I digress.

Had you bothered to actually R-E-A-D you would see that it says "Team Driving"....thats T-E-A-M.

S M D Thanks this.
  10. X-Country

X-Country Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

screenshot of the email.

11. slim shady

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Ok which ever way you want to look at it.
    5000 mi. At 25 cpm.
    Or 2500 mi. At 50 cpm.

LoneCowboy and X-Country Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.