got scammed for 4500

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by pavrom, Jun 17, 2024.

1. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    booked a load last monday to deliver chevrolet 7500 service truck from pitsburgh pa to mckinney tx
    checked broker through our factoring - good to go , delivered the vehicle and filed all paperwork with factoring today for payment : factoring company got ahold of broker and notified us that we are 3rd person today claiming their load (they explained that their system been hacked and nothing they can do).
    i got ahold of shipper (pick and pull , pittsburgh pa - dealer for service body trucks , medium duty trucks and snow plowing equipment), owner was extremely rude and refered that it is my problem and the broker (tower logistics i have contract with) is not matching the one he is dealing with and not disclosing information about his broker , i tried to tread to call the receiver and discuss this matter with him or file lien on the vehicle since i have the vin or report theft of service - he did hang up.
    called the receiver(huge chevy dealer in mckinney tx) , described the situation and general manager refered me to inventory manager who is working with pittsburgh dealer for this matter , inventory manager is off today and should get back to me tomorrow.
    in the meantime shipper got furious that i call receiver and asked our communication with whoever contracted us for this load , as soon as we forwarded all communication he emailed us cease and desist letter prohibiting us from contacting chevy dealer in texas because it hurting his relationship with him. in the meantime he mentioned that he shipped 3 trucks with this broker and all good . he provided up with some bogus communication from his "broker" anmol transport (email was indian name @yahoo) , i called anmol and it is reefer outfit and have no idea whats up , 1100 that shipper paid to the "broker" was through zelle with email mklogistics10@gmail.com
    ....go figure ....
    i am hoping the chevy dealer will apply some pressure but i dont believe in positive outcome here
    would like to hear opinions on that

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    email we got rate con ends with .com , tower transport authentic email ends with .org

cke and CAXPT Thank this.
  4. OlegMel

OlegMel Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2023
    Here’s what you need to do, get An email of all the corporate folks of the companies, the broker, the shipper and the receiver. Describe your situation the best you can in the email tag those people and wait. I had something similar happen, we even had to file against brokers bond. The broker wasn’t happy that corporate was getting tagged however they paid their bill. it’s your money so you should raise hell.

5. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    this is email from factoring co
    Hello,

I went to get verification on this load and below is the response that I got. I’m sorry, I will not be able to factor this load for you.

So Sorry!!!

Heidi

Hello,

On 6/10/24 our load board got hacked and loads were being posted under our load board that were not ours. This specific load is not ours and is fraud. If you look at the rate confirmation it does not match up to what we use. Also, the emails are not legit or connected with ours. Please reach out to the carrier and let them know that the load is not ours and we are not responsible for payment. Please advise that you have received this email.

Thank you,
    broker bond will decline it ( had similar situation while ago ) , only hope maybe to get someone from chevy corporate , file all kind of claims through bbb on both shipper and receiver

cke, CAXPT and silverspur Thank this.
  6. OlegMel

Apr 8, 2023
    Well dang… at the end of the day they can reverse the payment if they really want to do the right thing and fix the situation. I hope it works out in your favor.

7. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    the only payment that's been done is through zelle and I believe it's irreversible

8. OlegMel

Apr 8, 2023
    You’re right, however there are exceptions, Scams is one of them.

9. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Send him a picture of the cease and desist letter with poo from your bum (or some chunky jif) on it, and keep contacting them all. Tell him to go on and file his case in court if he doesn't like it, before you file a claim against his bond. That is what I would do at least. May not be what you wanna do, though.

CAXPT Thanks this.
  10. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    You do what you have to do.
    1.) Factoring Company approved it. - This is on them. If they renege, you need a new factoring company. Fire Heidi.
    2.) Shipper sounds like he's involved. Regardless, trying to collect from Receiver, whether it damages his so called rep with that company, is regardless. You picked his ship, you delivered said freight, someone's pays or you do what you have to do against them.
    3.) Broker - It's his board, not yours, and if it got hacked, he's still on the hook because of it. Their insurance can pay, and up their rates for having bad IT practices that can hack their livelihood. Not your problem.
    4.) Zelle - Everything electronically transmitted, is reversible. Whoever sent the money, can unsend the money electronically and debit their account and pay you instead. They may have to wait a little to get their money back from the bank, but they'll get it back. - Again, their insurance can pick it up if they need and let the insurance company go after the fraud.

The shipper may not like being in this position, but it's apparent that his service (broker/whatever) doesn't properly do their due dilligence, and because of that, you're required to seek payment from the receiver. His threats will fall on deaf ears, because he is involved in the fraud even if indirectly, and is responsible for his part...and from the sounds of irritation and legal threat, he knows he has no leg to stand on, so go forward and pursue your payment, through receiver, if that's what it takes. They can withdraw the payment from him, if need be.
    :banghead:

Either way, you need to dump that factoring company if they don't make right on it. It's their approval that got you to haul the load, and that's what they're supposed to be doing to earn their percentage from payments you're supposed to receive, otherwise, they're useless leaches.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
    Nostalgic, cke, Cat sdp and 1 other person Thank this.
  11. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    i totally agree with you except for firing factoring : they approved the broker (i mean if it was authentic rate con and they failed on payment ...you are so right on their responsibility against any hack , but i doubt i stand a chance against their bond co - they just decline due to the broker being hacked and its end of story...last time i got lucky and been paid due to the shipper had major broker involved and they requested new invoice and issued the payment for us)
    i guess i will push everyone big time to see if i can do anything . ...kinda tough to swallow 4500

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.