Got the Call today....

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Pappy1, Aug 4, 2011.

1. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    They are integrating 500 new trucks into the fleet. Within a few months all trucks in flatbed will be 2010 or newer and all of them auto shifts. Maverick takes a lot of pride in its fleet and maintains them well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mpow66m

mpow66m Heavy Load Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    Thats good to here.Im thinking about going with them.What do they have on the inside for creature comforts?Refridge,micro,APU?Do they have GPS or ELOGS?
    Whats your impression of the Comp.Is glass still going strong?Thnx for any info.

4. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    The Cascadias are nice fleet spec. trucks. You have to provide your own frig. and micro, gps and CB. The trucks have a EPU not APU, this is a bank of batteries that run a large inverter for the AC system and gives you 110v outlets.
    Maverick has a goal to be a 100% elog company by September of this year.
    Before you get too focused on the trucks you need to decide if you really want to be a flat bedder. It's really hard work in all types of weather. If you answered yes to that question I'd tell you Maverick would be your best company to start with. They are in a growth cycle right now and willing to train you. Few companies are in that position right now.
    As for the glass I know they are looking for drivers. I had a family emergency this week so I can't start my glass training for another week.

Hope this helps.

jellybean and sewerman Thank this.
  5. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Right now they are working on 07 up to number 27413

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.