Got two tickets.....Need advice

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by DenBob, Mar 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Ook Ook

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Reason for edit: ook
    Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Was a inspection done or just tickets?

DenBob Thanks this.
  4. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    He said he was going to do one when he first came to my window , but he didn't give me any paperwork regarding that. I was in my truck the whole 20 minutes...maybe he could have done one without my participation, or he could say he did ?

5. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    If he did a inspection you would get a copy.

DenBob Thanks this.
  6. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Absolutely hire an attorney. With your job at stake, you can't afford not to.

A lawyer may be able to have the charges reduced or even dismissed.

A corrupt PSP officer pulled me over on I-81 a few miles south of I-80 for allegedly missing a weigh station and failure to yield. The trooper said he followed me for two miles with lights and sirens. What a liar he was.

He stopped me in an unmarked car and only got my attention by pulling alongside me and flagging me down. I saw no lights or sirens. I don't even recall a weigh station/rest area PA likes to use. I know what those look like since I have been through those before.

Very much concerned, I hired a good attorney out of Schuylkill county. A few weeks later I hear back that the charges were dropped. No doubt because the Little Corporal wasn't going to be able to lie in court and get away with it.

Remember, you aren't Al Capone. There's been worse than you, and the consultation should be no cost.

Keep us posted.

Woodys and DenBob Thank this.
  7. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I'm curious if you received a level 3 inspection. I've gotten one of those for speeding. The officer performed an inspection, but noted on the report the speeding violation (45 in a 35). Supposedly my company was notified. It didn't matter since I showed the safety director the inspection. One more in a three month period would have gotten me canned.

DenBob Thanks this.
  8. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    This cop has me nailed on the speed, and said he has video of the lane change that irked him. Someone changed lanes abruptly in front of me, I moved left abruptly...I signaled but who cares. He was justified on both tickets and he chewed me out good. He said he was gonna do an inspection but evidently didnt...I have no evidence of one...no paper, no comments. I have had only one inspection in my five year career. At a weigh station. Flying colors.

9. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Where I was going with the inspection is it would be noted on there. So your company would be able to see it when it was put in the system. I know in N.C. it takes anywhere from 2-3 days to a week before it’s put in system

DenBob Thanks this.
  10. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    The only paper he gave me was the citation with both charges on it. No reference to any inspection on that. He said he was going to do an inspection when he first came to talk to me, but didn't mention it again and I forgot to ask him. I'm thinking the worst, like maybe he can just record it as an inspection without my knowledge or signature or anything.

062 Thanks this.
  11. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    I would definitely find out who the prosecutor is and talk to him well before you're court date. Call the court clerk and request an adjournment, as long as possible, also let them know you're intent, be as courteous as possible. After you talk to the prosecutor you should know where you stand. Good luck and try not to stress about it( I know easily said). Maybe some Texas drivers can recommend a good mouthpiece.

062 and DenBob Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.