Got two tickets.....Need advice

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by DenBob, Mar 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    If he asked for your license, insurance, registration, where you came from, where your going. Once he ran your name and registration (he might or might not, have asked for trailer paper work and insurance card) that is considered an n inspection. Dont quote me but I think that's called a level 1. That's what they do now, so you HAVE to inform your company of the stop. Then your company has to sign and send back. Even If you dont Inform your company, they get notified by cvsa. Because they have to send it back within 7 days.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    If he wrote a level 1 he would have it, actually 2 copies of it, one for the company to send back, which he has stated he didn't do.

I slept in a pull out on 83 in Tx once, back then we baled hay in Kansas and hauled it down to dairies in Texas, the roving dot told me that hay and gravel trucks were their gravy, and they stopped everyone they seen. Anyway the pullout I slept in had houses pretty close to it and no where to use the restroom, so I just pulled out intending to stop at a cafe about 5 miles down the road anyway. I got a mile or so and a dot pulled me over, and ask for my logbook, I told him he knew where I slept and I wasn't filling out my logbook until I got to use the restroom and got a cup of coffee. He ask for a weight ticket, and since I was legal I showed it to him, then he ask for my overload permit and I gave it to him. Then he ask if I had a new one as mine had expired at midnight, hmm busted. I told him I tried to be legal, you can see by the load that I removed some when I scaled . anyway we went round and round, this was not the first time I had dealt with him. He finally said if it would help he would just write me a log violation as it would be cheaper and did.
    I to this day do not know what I did with that ticket, must have trashed canned it, so a couple of weks later I told my wife to call the court there and explain I lost the ticket and pay my fine. Well she called back and told me I got two tickets, one log and a bad drive tire on the right side, he never even walked around to the right side, and I knew for a fact that I was not written up for it. I tld her to call them back and tell them our lawyer needs a copy of it, could they please fax us one, for some unknown reason they just dropped the bad tire ticket the tire was dropped.
    You have to love Texas, and I was born and raised there. lol

rank Thanks this.
  4. briantmiller137

briantmiller137 Light Load Member

May 5, 2010
    Salem,OH
    Pay attention. Slow down. Problem solved.

Know what you can get away with. If you do something to draw attention you will probably get it.

No moving violations since Jan. 1998.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.