Government loads

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by dc730, Jul 7, 2017.

1. dc730

dc730 Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2016
    What the going rate in gov contracted loads. I was playing around on load board today searching for gov load and these jokers are trying/moving for general freight rates wth wrong with people. I'd image only about half of not less of driver can even do these loads as they set the standards pretty #### high. Must speak and understand English / USA citizen no/no criminal record going back 30 or more years. Plus the bs you out up with to get loaded u loaded. Consent to truck and person search background check picture finger print . What rate do you guys get for these and I'm j thinking wrong or does gov get cheap rates going north to south and east to west and pay more for west to east south to north . Just though it was pretty interesting and see what your take is on it and if you've done them before

bigbyrc Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I have no idea what largesse the federal government is showering on brokers. We all know they have deep pockets at our expense. But rest assured the brokers can sell a lot of that #### the same as any other "light load", "easy run", etc, etc. All of the usual "cheap" catch phrases. Give the truck $2 a mile and most think it's gold. Some ignoramus will put up with all of that bull #### for practically nothing lol. Let em knock themselves out.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't see the complaining you are putting up.

Clean 30 pluse years? Done, English? Sure even several bits of language including that of the deaf. And the BS you speak of loading and unloading is just routine to trucking depending on what you have on your 5th wheel. I like flatbed BS better than I do Van BS. I get bored in vans. close door go. .. right. I need something to detail. Truck and person searches? Bring it. I keep a clean truck, wanna see? Have at it. Want a ride too? Glad to do it. And the rates? Run it like a business.

2000 dollars for a 700 mile overnight run? Sure. 150 gallons fuel times 3 dollars = 450 that's 1500 remaining. One day maybe two at most. No problem.

Your post in short sir, is a list of whining. I would have no problem hauling uncle sam's stuff and have before. I don't go looking for it though. My tastes run towards McKesson and one plus million dollar loads of narcotics in unmarked trailers in Memphis crawling with parasites, predators and addicts. I like a challenge.

Finally I think you worry too much. 90000000 other truckers in the USA, half of them are not very smart but they do it. Other half are immigrants and everything in between. (And there is me..., just be happy there isnt two of me.) don't worry about them. Worry about yourself and your family.

fargonaz Thanks this.
  5. noluck

noluck Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2011
    greenville,sc
    Most of that gov freight is bid freight. So, lowest bidder wins. This type stuff has been beat down like everything else. Only up side is that it says clearly on the bol's what the actual freight rate is. The true high value gov freight is not given to brokers to post on the interweb. You're not gonna get a load of rockets off of them. Mre's aren't worth much to haul.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. W900AOwner

W900AOwner Heavy Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    I did a military load today that i couldn't believe what it paid. I got $1,900.00 for 236 miles with a legal RGN load.

A month ago the same move through a different broker was offered to me for $600.00 which i politely declined.

It's a big game.

bigbyrc and Ruthless Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.