GPS led truck off the road

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by Cybergal, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    I got directions one time from cali to utah from the company i worked for on the qualcomm, that would have routed me over 200 miles longer out of route than the one i got approved by my dispatcher, the route i was approved was a striaght shot and less miles not to mention shorter time to get to utah on time,

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thumper

Thumper Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2008
    lol this guy is a idiot when you use gps truck or not you still need to look up your route and see what it is says etc.
    TO many guys not using brains these days.

4. mrrolly

mrrolly Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yep, and that they do......try and lead you the most "direct" way. I've had a few "WTFs" whilst running a TomTom 720 out across the states. Two I do recall was running from Brisbane to Melbourne down the Newell Highway and it telling me to hang a left off the highway onto a dirt road. Also around Grafton running up the Pacific Hwy, the things telling me to hang a right and somehow take a shorter route around South Grafton and back out onto the Highway near the BP roadhouse. Guess they dont figure that sticking to a highway is the most direct route after all.....

The main reason I have one - great with a 8Gb flash card in it loaded up with music to listen to - beats changing CDs all the time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.