GPS tracker embedded in your electronic BOL.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by REEFERman450, Sep 25, 2021.

1. REEFERman450

REEFERman450 Light Load Member

May 3, 2016
    All con,

For those that own multiple trucks and push out electronic BOLs to your drivers, is there a program that you use that can give you real time GPS location so you dont have to rely on your drivers word for things? I know this technology exist. Thanks in advance. Reefer

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    ELDs such as big road offer gps tracking, but pre eld trucks you would need a gps.

if your pushing out electronic BOL’s that means they must have a smart device, sharing their location with you on that device fixes the issues and no need for a separate GPS device on the truck.

Vampire Thanks this.
  4. REEFERman450

May 3, 2016
    Agreed but in this instance I want to see if I can covertly do this so that I don't alert the driver. I am trying to get my ducks in a row before i make a decision on next steps.

5. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    Sounds like a fantastic business model. Yep.

6. REEFERman450

May 3, 2016
    meaning what?

7. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    If broker wants track my trucks I want to track broker bank account. So we can sleep good equally. He knows were is my truck I know he has money to pay me.
    Fair?

8. Mototom

May 7, 2019
    Trying to covertly track your employees is not ethical.
    Sure you have a right to know where your equipment is but be a man about it.

Fyi trying to covertly install tracking software on an individuals device is actually illegal. They have to consent if it's their personal device.

9. REEFERman450

May 3, 2016
    I understand that but the Phone that gets the BOLs and that I call belongs to me. As far as being a man, I am with my other employees. its how i do things. But anyway Im just looking for help here.

10. Mototom

May 7, 2019
    If you own the device and it's not for personal use you MIGHT be able to get away with using something like or any of the load tracking apps that gets spammed by every #### broker anymore. Bluepoint is one of em.

Edit for legality

If they take the device with them and it's tracking them covertly it's also illegal and subject to suite/criminal prosecution

11. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Why not just track the ELD?

Before ELD we have gps trackers on all trucks company and owner op. Flying blind is not something I would ever do. Not efficient at all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.