gps with hazmat routing

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Lonewolf2000, Apr 30, 2019.

1. All-American82

All-American82 Medium Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Rogersville, AL
    All I haul is overweight HAZMAT loads. No matter WHAT you use, It's never 100%. So, that being said, YOU have to take it upon yourself to check your route and be sure where you can LEGALLY go. This will be thru either OR combination of, GPS (NEVER trust 100%), government sites and (dare I say it, GASP!!!) MAPS!

The reason no technology is 100% is because things change. A route that was legal LAST year may be illegal THIS year. For a multitude of reasons. Construction, zoning laws, weather damage, etc, etc,,,

And the # 1 reason YOU must check is because, IF ANYTHING HAPPENS, its YOUR fault!!! YOU WILL be blamed. You are not carrying a "normal" load of freight! You MUST realize that, depending on what happens and how severe it is, your NOT just getting a ticket. You could have up to and INCLUDING the "Feds" involved. If you dump a load of carrots, nobody really cares in the grand scheme of things. But if you dump a load of Sulfuric acid, and survive, be prepared for an anal exam that will make your teeth chatter!!!

I have been running HAZMAT for several years now and I love it. It's MY niche. Just be a professional and do your job. And that includes checking your route!
    Good Luck and DON'T take "Bobs" word for it. Do the research yourself. Trust me, you DON'T want the State and the Feds involved!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sbreeden

sbreeden Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Copilot never lead me wrong, $99 yearly or $159 lifetime. Down to your phone or tablet.

4. truckpc

truckpc Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2010
    thanks!

<<<<And I have found at least 1 location where there is a HM restriction but the RM doesn't know about it.>>>
    if you can tell where , than we can ask to fix the data source.

5. truckpc

Mar 25, 2010
    Just passing by::
    thank you, you were Just passing through!

i hope no more soon.

6. truckpc

Mar 25, 2010
    @Just passing by

Hi, i see there is a mathematical issue in this case by looking at google map.

7. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    It also doesn't do the Pennsylvania tunnel hazmat restrictions correctly. They are based both on hazmat class and on bulk/non-bulk, but the RM GPS doesn't do bulk/non-bulk.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.