GPS

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by newguy76, Nov 6, 2015.

1. newguy76

newguy76 Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Del Rio, TX
    I know that we have omnitracs in the schneider trucks, but was wondering if ya'll use other types of GPS? I for one thinks it sucks that if you miss a turn or exit and are unfamiliar with the area, it just tells you to go back to where you went off course. Jill won't automatically re route. If you do use another gps, which one do you use?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    damil Thanks this.
  4. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I use the 720

Straight Stacks Thanks this.
  5. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Me too and use it for IFTA mileage report too...makes my quarterly filings a breeze.

6. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
    You may of just saved my ###.

Straight Stacks Thanks this.
  7. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Plug GPS into your computer as you would to update it...click on mileage report icon...download report, print. State mileage broken down per quarter by state/date.

lots of character and TennMan Thank this.
  8. terryg247

terryg247 Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I try to use Jill as much as possible just to make sure my out of route stays low. However I do have a rand McNally as well. My main concern with Jill is how slow it can to load a route

9. truckerj88

truckerj88 Bobtail Member

May 23, 2012
    Virginia
    I've got the RM 730 as well. I love it! I try to stay on Jill's route and use the info screen on the 730 for all my in-route data needs, like eta, avg speed and so forth. The one thing I don't like is that, where Jill usually routes you around big cities, the 730 wants me to go through them. Sometimes, though, Jill will do something goofy and I'll use the 730 route. Sometimes I don't listen to either one of them. LOL But overall, I would suggest the 730 if asked ... which you did. I'm curious about the new RM tablet that's out that has the trip planner and dash cam on it as well as all the other 730 functions.

10. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    Sends you on some winding state route through the mountains, then around 270 at 1pm. Makes so much sense :D

11. taugust

taugust Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Cuyamaca, CA
    I use the Garmin 760 dezl with lifetime maps and traffic. I love it. I think it's been replaced by the 770 or higher. As stated above, I use it to back up Jill. She always seems to fail in the middle of a city where turns are critical. I compare routes between the two as I go. I usually use Jill's directions, especially at the customer locations. The Garmin is nice with ETA's and instantly rerouting when you miss a turn. I also use the voice commands a lot enroute to check for truck stops or rest areas. I can change on the fly where I want to stop based on how many hours I have left and where the stops are. I's nice to not have to stop to check variations on a route. Now if it could just tell me if there is any parking available, it would be worth its weight in gold...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.