Grammer Industries

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Triple C, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Triple C

Triple C Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2013
    I am thinking about leasing on to Grammer Industries, and wanted to know if they are a good company, what kind of equipment i would need to put on truck and also pictures of your setup.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. istumped

istumped Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Watching as well

4. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Grammer out of IN pulling hardshell?

5. istumped

istumped Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
  6. Triple C

Triple C Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2013
  7. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I talked to them 2 years ago so not exactly latest news. They will run you fall winter spring, how long will really depends on weather. I was told they do run a little anhydrous in the fall & spring, but don't count on it. I was also told I would need to find work in the summer since they mostly run retail, the majority of the work is seasonal. (They might of picked up more ind work, I honestly don't know) trailers were older, but well maintained. I think they were a mix of hydraulic & shaft. Pay is per gal, but I have no idea what the current rates are. They mostly run IN, IL, MI, OH & KY.

Triple C Thanks this.
  8. Triple C

Triple C Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Thank you for your response. Even though it may be seasonal would it be worth it to check them out?

9. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I don't see why not. I'm assuming you have hardshell experience and a slip shaft?

10. Triple C

Triple C Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2013
    I have tank experience but not hardshell. Looking at getting slip shaft installed

11. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Worked there over two year and they are great people to work for will always have your back as long you are right. No 15 mph over will not hire. You got to run all fall till spring all weekends they will let you take time off no problem. In order to make money you got to work in the winter. Got to do your own ifta and base plate and insurance. If you want to do ammonia in spring you will get work they always need drivers then it is really bad stuff to haul it will burn or kill you in seconds. In summer you get work just slow maybe three to four loads of propane maybe. Just enough to bills paid. Almost all runs are short haul less then 100 mile do a couple loads a day. This is the only company that I work for that the owner ops all worked together still friends with many of them. I left cause I sold my truck you will make money but no more then any other tank job but a good place to work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.