Gray Transportation Waterloo IA

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mwild, Dec 10, 2010.

1. mwild

mwild Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2010
    ohio
    Let start by saying that the people there seems to very nice..
    I was there for 3 weeks miles as follow 2300,1800,2000,allot of 275 mile runs del next day and some 400 mile runs but dident get allot of those,computer logs and if your not on computer logs then thay match logs to your gps so its 100% by the book,thay wont pay for scaling out loads unless the bills states it over 43000 lb,owner refused one of mine gross was 78700 per cat scale,its been over 2 weeks still havent seen my last check there saying it was because i was in the hole becase if you dont stay 90 days thay charge you back for buss ride hotel drugscreen physcal even with those deductions thay still owe me money and the check i should of got last week was for 2000 miles then there was another week the one i quit on should have been my last check were the deductions should of came out of it i hope ill see my last check soon but not holding my breath( you make up your own mind ive been driving for close to 20 years and ive never been more dissapointed in a company)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

What was the reason you only worked for 3 weeks?

Kinda hard for you and them to get a work status started..

You're not going to get the gravy runs being new

4. bs64507

bs64507 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    St Joseph, MO.
    Working for a company for three weeks really isn't enough time to get into the groove. New drivers will not get the good runs. If you have 20 yrs exp. then you should know this.

5. mwild

mwild Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2010
    ohio
    never expected gravy runs but I do expect more than 2000 miles a week and getting 2 to 3 250 mile runs in the same week that dont del till the next day ant good 2300 miles a week is a bad week in my book.im use to 3000+ pulling in friday eaving leaving sunday eaving the company im with now I get 250 mile runs but as soon as I del there is another 250 mile one wating for me to run ill take 500 a day yes i would rather them be 600+ but it close and 3 weeks is enough time to figure out the company when I told them i was leaving sat down with them thay asked what could be done i told them that there avarage run was 400 mile or less thay agreed 400 x 5 = 2000 not enough miles i had that figured out the second week i was there if you dont mind $500 pay checks than thay would be a good company for you but i made more than that in 1991 and can be home every night to every other night for that kind of money

6. mitchelld

mitchelld Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Tell City, In
    Hey mwild, I feel ya. I worked for gray 4 months and I have never sat so much(tyson) in my life. I sat two weeks ago for 50 hours in Col Jct. and that was the end. I guess if they payed for detention it would be different, but Tyson and Gray expect drivers to sit and not get paid. I referred a friend and never got my bonus. 4 months and not a dime. That says it all. Good luck

7. truckerdog69

truckerdog69 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2011
    cassopolis,mi
    i set at tyson a loot and outerplaces houres geeting loaded or unloaded that happens
    with a lot off companyes.but with the loades i tell them me eta and by the time i get to unload or load the had me anoter load some times 2. should have given more then
    3 weeks

8. mwild

mwild Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2010
    ohio
    Hopefully thay got things straitened out and you can get the miles you need it wasent a good fit for me figured that out the second week there really I new it at orientation but thought I could hold out for awhile

e

9. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I gave it three years. It only got worse. Stay away from Tyson haulers especially with CSA2010. They'll take that perfect record and turn it upside down.

10. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Just dropped in at Tyson in Sherman, Tx tonight... They told me see ya at 7 am.. lol... :biggrin_2554:

11. the_great_snag

the_great_snag Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Minnesota
    You are lucky you bailed early. They are infamous for not paying people, and if you quit you can forget about getting your last check.

Leroy needs money to feed his horses ya know...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.