Grease On Clothes

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jmurman, Dec 2, 2009.

1. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    No... NOT Carbon Tetrachoride...

It is 1,1,1 Trichloroethane

It is a chlorinated solvent, but not the same stuff. Trichoroethane is sold as CRC Brakleen and under other names as "Brake Parts Cleaner"--the non-flammable kind.

Be aware that non-chlorinated brake parts cleaner is flammable and will leave a residue. Read the label... toluene=flammable... trichloroethane is not.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Xcis

Xcis Medium Load Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Bridgeport, Pa
    The dollar stores sell stuff called "Awesome" that works well on regular grease. Just saturate the area with it full strength and rub with a brush or your finger nail. Works well when the mechanics leave grease on the seat that gets on your pants etc. Not sure if it will work on 5th wheel grease. "Awesome" is really inexpensive [like $1 per bottle] and quite available at Dollar Tree and other dollar stores. It is also safe to put on your hands unlike some of previous suggestions. Good all around laundry pretreatment and general cleaner.

luvmyhubby Thanks this.
  4. Hubcap

Hubcap Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Rhome Texas
    You know that I'm just pulling your leg?

:biggrin_25526:

5. Hubcap

Dec 29, 2009
    Rhome Texas
    Is that "Totally Awesome"? It has to be the same stuff I used to use as a pre-soak before washing.

6. lilillill

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    No... lol, sometimes subtle sarcasm or humor is not easily detected in an online forum. :biggrin_2559:

7. lilillill

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    And why is it, that all the really good stuff is chlorinated and really deadly? Lol... remember when average citizens could buy Carbon Tet, Pentachlor, DDT and the like?

8. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

A lady I know who works at a laundry close to several trucking companies, a lot of drivers bring her their clothes for the drop-off service.

She told me this trick works GREAT....she swears by it, says she has tried many, many others, but this one works every time....

While the washer is agitating, right after filling up with water, add a can of Coca-Cola to the water. She swears it takes those grease stains right out.

I haven't tried it, as hubby is really careful about getting grease on his clothes (well, NOW he is, after getting many gripe sessions over the state of his clothes! LOL). Anywho.....just thought I'd share this with ya'll.

Judi Kay

luvmyhubby Thanks this.
  9. Hubcap

Dec 29, 2009
    Rhome Texas
    "Someone read what's left of my mind"!!!

10. Xcis

Xcis Medium Load Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Bridgeport, Pa
    To Hubcap, the product I am referring to is in a white-ish but kinda clear bottle labeled in red "La's Totally Awesome" and in smaller red lettering "all purpose concentrated cleaner degreaser spot remover". The 20 oz. bottle looks like a long neck beer bottle and has a trigger sprayer with a red tip. Mine has a bar code of 22429 20016.
    If you are referring to a product in a white 32 oz. bottle with a blue label and yellow lettering "La's Totally Awesome Laundry Pre-Wash" and in smaller letters "stain remover", I tried that but did not have much success with it. This product has a yellow tip on the trigger sprayer and a bar code of 22429 32051. Hope that clarifies everything up for everyone. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

11. Hubcap

Dec 29, 2009
    Rhome Texas
    Yes, that is the same stuff.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.