Great Lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by rckbottom, Aug 29, 2014.

1. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Yes but some people overcome those situations.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011

You actually are on the right track with 90K saved and it seems you actually have great money management skills and discipline...Looks like you will do well when you buy a truck and become an O/O not a fleece Op...

The problem with the majority of prospective lease operators is that they are -90K in the hole ( obviously not that much, well maybe some ) and have no business getting into it in the first place... Then after they are warned and people try and convince them that they should stay a company driver, they don't listen, they lose the little they have left and then come on here crying that they got railroaded... It's a comedy show...

nofreetime Thanks this.
  4. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    sounds like someone who hasnt had life knock him down very often yet

VaGump Thanks this.
  5. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    Thank you. I agree with your post. Peoples lives are comprised of thousands of decisions from childhood until the present. Some people make decision after decision that leads them to their present life then complain that they have no control over the circumstances they use as excuses. I look at it as though it is all part of the pussification of america. We want things but we dont want to make the sacrifices, we want instant gratification such as a lease. We want to tell to others to tell others who manage to accomplish all about our excuses and that success is circumstantial in an effort to explain to that person that they didnt really accomplish that much. We want to live in a 1st world county with endless opportunities and think about how bad we have it. We want to blame others, the dispatcher, the company, the regs, and this guy wants to blame his kids and his parents. Like he didnt know he was having any kids couldnt plan ahead, or he didnt know that his time was limited before his parents became elderly and needed his help, and couldnt make use of the time he had BEFORE those things happened. So he thinks its cool to tell me that my small victories are circumstantial. Btw wicked im an only child my parents arent yet elderly but do you see what im doing in my life now, im applying myself while i can, and you could have done the same.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    rock1979 Thanks this.
  6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Rare is the only child who doesn't think of themselve's as being special ...

7. Lucar

Lucar Road Train Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Texas
    Keep saving, sacrificing and working for some one for those 5 years to get your truck, I'll take the same time driving my own.
    You sacrifice, so do I.. I drive my truck from now, you'll do that in 5 years in which by then (if I can manage money @ $75k take home a year -paying $30 a year) will be like you're saving over $2500 a month.. how in the heck.. oh wait, you either don't have a home or you stay at nana and nono's house.. still

8. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Blame only happens when something seems to go wrong. I don't blame anyone for anything wrong or right. You are correct on two fronts, all the dedications I've made are mine, and if I had applied myself earlier in life I would have more material assets.
    Does it make me a bad person or stupid American because I waited to apply myself until after I lived life for a while?
    When I was younger, I followed every whimsy I wanted to without thought of consequence. I made bad choices, but I still loved living.
    Id rather be working and happy than rich and bored.
    So I'll wave at you from a safe distance down here with a smile as you dwell above. I wish you well, and hope you get whatever it is you are after.

9. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    I could go finance my own too if i wanted, good credit, and its not like i dont have a down.
    Youre forgeting something though in 5yrs when your truck is paid for you maybe able to run it without payments for 2-3yrs, and when i get into a truck ill be able to run it for 7-8yrs without payments before its time for something newer. Im sure your plan works for you, thats great, but long term i like what im doing much, much better.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  10. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    Ya you kinda are blaming.
    Well there you have it.The truth comes out, but I respect you......eventually being honest. Like i said anything i can do anyone else can do i dont know why you had to disagree with me there. Further more you had no right to call my accomplishments circumstantial. Why couldnt you just have been honest from the get go?
    Nope never said it does your life live it how you see fit. I did say that you dont take accountability for your results. Which you didnt until now. Then i said that you tell others that the results being spoken are only possible under favorable "parameters" which you just said above was not true. Isnt that a growing theme in america we dont take accountability then we blame circumstance, the economy, the boss, the job, etc.
    See why do you gotta close with an insult. It comes across alot like envy. All i did was call you out on your lie which you later admitted too. See how you are thats why i treated you the way i did.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  11. thomaskirk8

thomaskirk8 Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Maybe santana or the easter bunny can make it happen.
    I don't want to come off like an ********* but I think you're dreaming.
    But I'll tell you this if you find a deal like that let me no.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.