Great parking spot

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by D.Tibbitt, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    So i wanna take a stab at this.... What is a driver to do.. U have a mechanical failure in ur truck , need to take the runaway ramp for whatever reason.. There is people parked in front of it and sledding down the hill... what happens? U take the ramp and say u kill 5 or 6 children.... Who wins this lawsuit ? U know the parents of the kids will sue the driver and company to the moon and back... but they shouldnt of been there in the first place..... I hate to say but i think i know the outcome would not favor the trucker..

3. Coal Region Deplorable

Coal Region Deplorable Light Load Member

Well the world we live in makes law after law after law to reward the stupid and hamper anyone with a brain.

Same way it does with the useless end or lazy ones that it coddles and supports by taxing the productive.

The government found out that the easiest way to make everyone equal is not to lift the people on the bottom up, it's easier to push the middle class down.

Of course those in government, and the banksters, and the really large corporations don't get pushed down, they get to be the ruling elite

4. JerzyG

JerzyG Light Load Member

May 23, 2020
    Racist?o_O

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    My guess is that the lawyers will try to argue that the driver “should” have caught the mechanical failure on the pre-trip or roadside inspection.

From the drivers point of view, not taking the runaway could very possibly result in collision with innocents past the ramp.

Therefore one must weigh killing innocents further down the road versus potentially killing morons sledding on the ramp.

6. Coal Region Deplorable

Coal Region Deplorable Light Load Member

I'm a racist and a Nazi with a heart as black as coal.. Why do people talk like that's a bad thing?
    #### I forgot, I'm sexist to. And I guess because I don't believe in little kids getting sex changes I'm probably a transphobe. And I probably shouldn't even tell you what I think of those screeching things with blue armpit hair.

By the way, I really don't like to use the term "Nazi" because it is an ethnic slur against rural barvarian men.

"Originally, the term was used in Germany before the rise of NSDAP as a colloquial and derogatory word referring to an awkward, backward, and clumsy peasant. It would go on to be used as a mockery of the name Ignatz—a German variation of Ignatius."

7. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I saw someone doing this this very morning on Cabbage Hill (I-84 in Oregon). He parked across the full entrance to a runaway truck ramp.

8. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Once the tesla trucks take over they will not need the ramps anymore. They will turn them into nature parks for family picnics and close them off to truckers as usual.

9. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    The AI trucks will not be immune to mechanical failure.

10. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    "Men don't get to decide what is sexist."

Actual Twitter quote.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.