Great parking spot

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by D.Tibbitt, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Coal Region Deplorable

Coal Region Deplorable Light Load Member

You know I never really paid too much attention to Elon musk until people started talking about that stupid semi.

What are retarded POS that thing is. Tare weight as a bobtail is easily over 30,000 lb.. and to charge it in the half hour that he promised you need a 2-megawatt charger. That's a 2500 amp, 480-volt, 3 phase circuit going to every place you want to charge a single truck. Think four runs of 2000 kcml copper conductor for each circuit.

Then the idiot designs it with Central seating so you have to blindsides. They think they're going to make up for that with video cameras, yeah video cameras how they are great for depth perception.
    Everytime I look at elon's stupid face I want to punch him really hard and bust his nose. He's not even an engineer like he pretends to be. He's got no engineering degree, no professional engineers stamp, and from the really stupid stuff that spews out of his mouth I seriously doubt he could ever even pass the EIT exam.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Unfortunately he’s a Texas resident now. We natives have to watch our backs from now on.

JoeyJunk, D.Tibbitt and Wasted Thyme Thank this.
  4. Coal Region Deplorable

Yeah now he's going to be down there selling overpriced solar roofs that won't work for #### once they get a little bit of snow on them, and Tesla powerwalls that hold all of about 11 kilowatt hours that will be dead within a few hours how's the power going out.

#### guy is nothing but a stock market manipulator, and if his company makes any money at all it from selling electrical vehicle credits.

Excuses excuses excuses about the semi. In the meantime republic services is already using a bunch of mac LR electric series

5. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    You ask an extremely valid question. One that deserves a direct answer.

The reasoned reality SHOULD be that the escape ramp should not be blocked and that those blocking the escape ramp would have to suffer the consequences of doing so in the event of a tractor trailer brake failure. Even if the consequences came at a horrific price.

And such a horrific event would be held up as an example of what not to do and why.

Unfortunately, we don't live in a world where personal responsibility is held in high regard.

This is one of the reasons I am a wacky "conspiracy theorist", because I believe there is a massive effort underway on many fronts simultaneously to break down the fabric of society; to overturn our very notion of what is right and what is wrong.

To me, the willful blocking of an escape ramp for the purposes of recreation is one such example that we live in a society where stupidity is worshipped.

Unfortunately, I don't see any real indications that this perversion of reality is going to be reversed. And so this is what we are left with.

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    those playing on the hill of the run away ramp, will simply say, "no sign was posting, warning us NOT to sled down the hill"

"so how were we supposed to know that we were being stoopit"..????

7. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Unfortunately, he is selling an idea to a society where stupidity is held in the highest regard.

People don't question the absurdity of Musk's outlandish proposals in any meaningful way.

How is "green energy" going to reliably provide electricity to all the charging stations required to power three million plus of these electric trucks?

The man is a fraud in my opinion.

8. DeereRunner97

DeereRunner97 Medium Load Member

Apr 18, 2019
    Ostrander, Ohio
    This was up in I-90 just outside Painesville, Ohio. My buddy got asked to haul that trailer to the wrecker companies yard. The driver fell asleep. He’s one lucky SOB.

Attached Files:

9. Coal Region Deplorable

Yeah I want to see somebody power an aluminum smelter, or fire up an EAF steel-making operation with wind and solar and elon's batteries.

10. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Well, pass the tinfoil, brother, 'cause I'm right there with ya.

11. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Doctor says they're gonna die.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.