Greatwide/American Trans Freight

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Pissed off Trucker, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Pissed off Trucker

Pissed off Trucker Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2011
    If you would like to get ripped off, lease on with Greatwide/American Trans Freight. Be on the lookout for *name removed* who is out of the Grand Rapids, Michigan office. You will notice skimming off the top of the freight, charges for their trailer maintenance and repairs and the so-called escrow. Still have not received any of such returned. Just another crooked outfit among the thousands in the USA. And YES, I have everything on Paper to prove my case.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
    aiwiron and nonstop Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nonstop

nonstop Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2010
    greer sc.
    I take it that you have quit.They have 45 days to return your escrow.Yes,They are crooks,all of the agents/brokers/dispatchers are skimming off the top.How are they charging you for trailer repairs and maintenance?We pay trailer rent,but the trailer place pays for repairs.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
  4. TheCaptain

TheCaptain Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Curious as to if you looked into other ATF segments. I've actually been hearing some good things lately. Mostly their FB/step deck freight tho.

5. nonstop

Dec 28, 2010
    greer sc.
    I would like to know just where this FB/SD freight is?It's not on their load boards.What little they do have,they want you to move for fuel money.:biggrin_25514:

6. RAINMAKER

RAINMAKER Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Grandview,Texas
    I in Texas and was considering leasing on to great wide,having second thoughts now.

7. nonstop

Dec 28, 2010
    greer sc.
    STOP ! DON'T DO IT ! They get worse with each passing day.Nothing but doubled brokered freight.:biggrin_25513:

8. nonstop

Dec 28, 2010
    greer sc.
    Greed ! Greatwide is just greedy.Waited 3 days to load in Utah,got paid on it yesterday.Greatwide took 25% of the money that was paid for waiting.:biggrin_2554:

9. WorldofTransportation

WorldofTransportation Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Your mother
    Priceless... You know that trailer that you are renting had to be paid while you were sitting.. They are just getting their fair share...:biggrin_2555:

Yeah they are crooks... RUN

Btw.. All the documentation in the world wont do you any good.. Read your contract.. If you they can screw you it is in there.. It is a standard owner operator contract.. Which means cover the company throw the driver "partner" under his truck..

10. nonstop

Dec 28, 2010
    greer sc.
    Right,That trailer rent of 165 plus 15 for the insurance on it comes out of our settlement every week if we get a load or not."Fair Share",would be fine.Nothing FAIR here.Here is last week-unloaded in Ontario Ca.Monday morning,sat Mon.,Tues.,Wed deadheaded to Utah(560mi.)wife found this load.It was suppose to load Thursday.It didn't get loaded until Sun.Was told we would get 250 per day for wait time.The load was going to ND.It was paying decent 6,300 for 978 mi.Unloaded it Tues.sat until Wed.deadheaded to Ne.(432mi)loaded going to Laredo(wife also found this load)3,300 for1068 mi.:biggrin_25516:

11. WorldofTransportation

WorldofTransportation Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Your mother
    .. sarcasm detector need a tune up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.