Greatwide/American Trans Freight

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Pissed off Trucker, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Rogerd

Rogerd Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2011
    ivey, georgia
    I am pretty sure you will have to take those guys to court or preferrably you can write a letter, and don't forget to prepare all your documentation carefully.
    Don't forget to to compose a polite, but direct letter with details that you might use to prove your case, were you to choose to do so. Important details and provide what you have and what you would use to plead your case before a judge. Sometimes a letter is all it takes. I have done this before, put all my info together, wrote a decent cover letter, sent the letter certified to the president of the company, then gave them two weeks, sent another letter stating that these statements are now established due to their failure to respond, ( hopefully they do respond by contacting you and validating your complaint, and the two of you can come to an agreement). If they fail to respond, I think you need to give them two weeks or so, then you have a court case with documentation, judges really appreciate this paperwork because it establishes statements and remember, silence is acquiescence, their failure to respond is a snub, and courts know this. As a side note always respond when you are sent a letter that requires a response. Find out which court you need to use, for instance here in Georgia I can sue for up to $15,000.00 in small claims. This also depends on where the contract was signed sometimes, but not entirely.
    For what it's worth. I am not an attorney, just some guy. But I have done this and won before. It may work for you.

extraenterprises and DutchessDog1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. extraenterprises

extraenterprises Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2013
    warren indiana
    There seems to be a lot of misinformationfloating around here

4. extraenterprises

Mar 20, 2013
    warren indiana
    I've been with greatwide for 3 years. Every compny has some mistakes happen and this one is no different but I will say that every time I've had a problem it has been taken care of to my satisfaction. There have been times when greatwide has gone far beyond what they had to to help me when I needed it.

5. extraenterprises

Mar 20, 2013
    warren indiana
    Greatwide is a huge company. I think that causes some problems sometimes like finding the right person to talk to. As for the profitability that sounds more like an agent issue. I've had some slow weeks but for the most part I' m doing pretty wellright now at least in part because the agent I work with knows his business andknows he has to keep his oo's happy to keep his oo's

6. extraenterprises

Mar 20, 2013
    warren indiana
    I know what youre saying on the fuel card. That is a real pain. All I can say on the money is that it doesnt sound like youre working with the right people There is money to be made here if you find the right agent(s). I will be the first to agree some agents give out any load they can get since they make a percentage and Ive worked with a few. The good ones are the ones that know if the truck makes money they make money.

7. DutchessDog1

DutchessDog1 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Papineau, IL
    Hi pissed off trucker I asked ( I'm sure were talking about the same person ) for 3 weeks to see the original faxes and paperwork involved with my loads. All he did was ignore my requests. It's my understanding that according to Federal law he has to show them to me. I called him because I told him I needed to get home, my Uncle was dieing from cancer. I could not believe he asked me this....Are we talking about hours or days? I was appalled. If I could have come through the phone I would have killed that low life. My husband and I have found a great company 20 miles from home and we have made more money in 2 weeks than we did in 4 months working for GW. PLEASE any O/O's out there heed this advice and stay away from this company. GW are the only ones who make money at the O/O's expense. You get to pay them for letting you work there. We haven't been gone from there 45 days yet will be interesting to see if any of our money gets returned to us. They already snatched a 30.00 balance I had on my Comdata card. I was shocked after all that's happened they had to get even more of our money. LOSERS!!!

8. DutchessDog1

Jan 20, 2012
    Papineau, IL
    Used two different dispatchers out of two different terminals. All the GW loads suck, they don't pay enough. Did you read my post about the 18.00 I made? That's really worth getting up for in the morning. Worthless company!!

9. DutchessDog1

Jan 20, 2012
    Papineau, IL
    Misinformation???? I came on here to help people like me avoid financial disaster. GW sucks!!

10. sandman150

sandman150 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2013
    greatwide formerly rti , rte ,rtx , crl are all the same company head quartered in dallas texas will rip you off with all kinds of deductions out of your settlement to a point where you owe them . i was leased to RTI in 1997 for only 4 months an almost lost everything i owned trying to run for them . i got smart an pulled my signs an leased on elsewhere before i had to file bankruptcy .

11. extraenterprises

Mar 20, 2013
    warren indiana
    If the load only had a profit of 18 dollars why did you take it to begin with?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.