Groendyke Transport. It just gets better and better

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Truck-N-Tech, May 3, 2013.

1. HEADBANGRR

HEADBANGRR Bobtail Member

May 25, 2013
    What's the CPM & hourly pay [if there's any] & what's the avg mileage per week you're getting? Thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LT1730

LT1730 Bobtail Member

May 29, 2013
    Truck-N-Tech thanks for the review of Groendyke. I am considering new employment and they are close to me. Thanks again.

4. liquid bulk

liquid bulk Bobtail Member

May 10, 2013
    last I heard was 52 loaded & 40 empty? OTR work out 2 weeks. Nice spec'd and new trucks but I need home every night.

5. Truck-N-Tech

Truck-N-Tech Medium Load Member

Sep 13, 2010
    I was started out at the top pay rate, since I had over 5 years tractor trailer experience. I get $0.52 loaded, and $0.48 empty. Sometimes I run 700 miles out loaded, then come all the way home empty, due to loads needing to be covered. Even with half my miles being empty, I still gross $1400 for the week.

The biggest consideration for me is not as much how much money I make, but rather how hard I have to work to earn it. I have never been paid so well, for such easy work, as i am being paid at Groendyke. Instead of being paid to use your muscles, you get paid to use your brain. You have to be very careful all the numbers match up on a load before you pull a trailer, and pay close attention to your shipping paperwork, but that beats doing heavy lifting.

Big Duker and jlkklj777 Thank this.
  6. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    truckntech,what terminal are you out of?

7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Is'nt this company a tanker company?I guess I could just google it.

8. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    correct....

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Thats what I thought.My next company will be a tanker company.

10. trucsugma5

trucsugma5 Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Morrison, Co
    I have not talked to their recruiting dept yet, but i suspect they'll tell me how much their best driver grosses. What i want to know is how much their worse full time driver with more than one year is grossed during their worst quarter??? Seems Groendyke is quite a good company, but i need 28 days out minimum w/5 days off and 63k per year - however, rolling over a tanker does concern me.... all it takes is that one day i havent slept good and am in a rush at the end of the shift when am short hours and tired going from 60mph into a 90 degree turn or curve...ANY COMMENTS ? Thankyou

11. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    So you do out and backs? 1-2 days out layover at home then back out? They are always advertising here for drivers. I'm trying to find an out and back 1-2 days then layover at home for the night then back out with days off every now and then is what I'm looking for which Disttech is offering me. But cpm is pretty good at Groendyke. I'm sure they'll hire me got 7+ yrs driving but I'm home every other day with my current company but their type of night shift are getting old quickly.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.