Groendyke Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Raetta, Feb 14, 2007.

1. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Keep trying. Jan is historically a slower month for tanker work. It will pick up mid Feb. Companies will hire again when the work comes in.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. iluvatruckr

iluvatruckr Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2009
    longview tx
    Does anyone know anything about the terminal for groendyke in LONGVIEW TX? we're finally getting out from under dart and groendyke has offered him a job.

4. QBall3577

QBall3577 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Fort Worth, TX
    Thanks Rob. I intend on calling the TM in parker when I make it home late next week to follow up on my emails and resume i've sent him. Hopefully there are words of encouragement!

5. Bono

Bono Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Does anybody know if this is a good company to work for?
    what they pay,home time etc

6. Johnnyr33

Johnnyr33 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2009

If you go back to the beginning of the thread starting at page one all of that info has been discussed.

Good luck
    Johnnyr33

7. pumkindrvr

pumkindrvr Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Wyoming, Pa.
    I have been with Groendyke for 6 months now. It's a pretty good company. All drivers are NOT payed percentage! Only a few terminals. Orientation was in Enid, Ok. They flew me out and rented me a car. I work out of Pa and started out at the top rate of .48/.35 mt due to having 6 months tank exp. The one day I sat with no load I was payed 150. Training was 18 per hour. 18 flat rate to load/unload plus 18 per hour after the first 2 hours. I get this even if the customer does everything and I'm in the bunk.
    Like any big company, it depends on what terminal you work out of and the people there. I have a great TM. Seriously, everywhere I go drivers from other terminals tell me how good he is.
    Sure I have had at least one job that was better and a lot that were worse. My biggest complaint is that I don't get to go home every day. A lot of the other terminals have more local work and they do. But when I go home, I stay as long as I want. I was out for 3 weeks and took off 2 for Christmas.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
    Johnnyr33 Thanks this.
  8. QBall3577

QBall3577 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Fort Worth, TX
    .48/.35 is #### good pay. how frequently do you actually get home? I'd like to at least get through the house around every 7 to 10 days for a day or 2 (Phoenix, AZ). Any other accessory pay with them? Thanks for the info Pumpkin.

9. pumkindrvr

Nov 21, 2007
    Wyoming, Pa.
    I stay out for a month then take off a week, minimum at my terminal is 14 days out. No accessory pay as I'm already being paid by the hour for loading/unloading(after 2 hours). Home time really depends on the terminal. I don't know about Phoenix. I thought they were all gas haulers, but I could be wrong.

10. Graymist

Graymist Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2007
    What terminal are you based out of ? Would Pittsburgh PA fall within the hiring area of your terminal ? Thanks.

11. pumkindrvr

Nov 21, 2007
    Wyoming, Pa.
    I am based out of Bensalem, Pa, next to Phili. Pittsburg is in hiring area but it is a very small terminal. We only have 10 drivers and they are not always hiring there.

Graymist Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.