Groendyke Transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by rubberducky68, Jan 23, 2017.

1. carramrod32

carramrod32 Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Midwest
    Pound sand, not sound. Darn autocorrect.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I went on the interview this past Friday. I got offered the job but decided to turn it down. I had a bad feeling about it after the interview. Something just wasn't sitting right with me.

That being said, I am going to try and stick it out here at Groendyke for a while and get my employment record back in check.

I know I have posted a lot of negative on here about Groendyke but I can say they leave me alone and let me do my work. I have said something to them about getting the paychecks up and it seems they are trying so I will hang in here as long as I can. I can definitely say I have not been treated bad here. So that is something I reckon.

4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    You're making the right choice. Staying is your best bet.
    Things get slow in the tanker business sometimes and if the company could be running your truck more they would.
    We run a few tankers, both gas and chemical and we slow down in the dead of winter. Things don't usually get back to normal until about this time of year.
    In a couple of months you'll probably be grumbling abput running too hard.;)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Adrienna Brown and rubberducky68 Thank this.
  5. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Well they have me hammered this week and next. Just went to Michigan. Now picking up headed to Nebraska. Coming back to Morris and picking up going to Louisville. Then back to Morris IL loading for Salt Lake.

Ask and you shall recieve...

6. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    And my pay check for the past two weeks was $17xx take home so that works out to $850 a week. And I was home for a day or two during that time period then off for 4 days over the Easter weekend. Maybe things are looking up.

7. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    'Take home' being gross or net pay?

8. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Take home being what I actually took home or netted after taxes, insurance, 401k, etc.

Gross was around $2400. If I am still here in the fall when open enrollment for health insurance comes around I will be making some changes to that to lower my deductions coming out of my check. Their health insurance here is high as heck. I didn't pick their top plan. I went middle of the road but will be switching to the lowest level plan they have which is a high deductable plan and you are elgible for putting money in a health care savings account.

I think my cost bi-weekly for health and dental alone is around $320 which works out to $160 a week.

9. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    For any of you that go work for Groendyke, watch your checks like a hawk. Every payroll check I get is always short $150-200.

I am convinced now they do this on purpose hoping you won't catch it. With todays technology there is no excuse for it.

10. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    man that stinks, nothing like dishonesty.......

11. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Yeah, I am getting sick of it. I told my tm and he had some lame excuse as to why the money did not get on my check and why they could not get it on there by Friday (yesterday). He said "you can take out a cash advance when you fuel". That's great but if they "forget" to put it on my next check then that one will be $163 short of what it should be.

By the way, part of that money is money owed from work I did for them back on April 3rd!!! Yes, over a month ago and still having to fight for it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.