GRRRRRRRR! werner

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by :kimberlee:, Jan 6, 2010.

1. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    My DM kept trying to send me to Laredo and my o/o boss said to refuse the loads because I would have been stuck there. The last time I was there, I got a sweet 900+ mile bobtail run to Snowflake AZ. I loved it! It was like having a car, I could go shopping with impunity without that pesky 53' trailer to drag around.. :biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    One of my driving school classmates started with Werner out of Fontana in Nov 2008. He has done ok with them. He had to change trainers at the beginning because the guy ran an unsafe truck, but after that, my friend hasn't had any complaints. He is trying to get on with Crete now.

Clay13 Thanks this.
  4. esker532

esker532 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2010
    How could anyone take $.21 cents per mile to start with any company, Werner you use to be the most sought after company to work for, not anymore. Those youngsters that took over are ripping off the drivers. My husband was paid more than that 20 yrs ago when he first started!! :biggrin_25510::biggrin_2552::biggrin_25513::Transportation cost

5. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    The first trainer I had, I got the first day out of orientation, had a family emergency and had to get off the truck about 3 weeks into it. Second trainer, I waited a couple of days, and third about the same. Serious illness in the family. Was glad they put up with it. The last time I waited for 7 days and it was the week before Christmas so Christmas week I went home. I'll go back out next week.
    You have to be at the hotel before you are considered on duty, you are paid while you're there. This time of the year a lot of the trainers take home time. Also, like some of the other posters have mentioned, the trainers who do not smoke are few and far between. The area that you're in is another thing. Depends on the freight flow and trainers coming through.
    You also, have to continue to call your SDM and let them know what's going on. That person needs to know what's going on.

6. Driver020976

Driver020976 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2007
    LaGrange, KY
    If your in the Fontana area, you do have Schneider as another option. A friend of mine there said they have re opened that STA (Schneider Training Academy).

Clay13 Thanks this.
  7. luvtheroad

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    AfterShock... all I can say to your last post is "AMEN"!!! It's all about doing your homework, having strong support at home and learning to control spending out on the road. And, you are 210% it is not the company's fault. Welcome, all, to the wonderful world of transportation!

AfterShock Thanks this.
  8. luvtheroad

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Kimberlee, how many time has he called his SDM??? He needs to get on that phone and do it everyday if he has to. I can only hope his SDM isn't Beth... Whew, she's an inconsiderate piece of work as far as I am concerned and I only had to deal with her once, thank God.
    The SDM is his link, at orientation they tell you over and over to call that person if you are having problems.

9. luvtheroad

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Twenty years ago was a different age in transportation too, we all made more money during that time.
    The reason all of these trainees flock to companies like Werner is pretty simple. No one else can take them. They want to work and can't get hired by the mid or small companies. So until that changes, we all go to the Werners of the world.

10. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    atleast no one on this thread got the trainer that crapped himself.

11. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN

What did you do to make him do that? :biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.