Guaranteed Transport Services

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by BFL123, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Yeah, really don't want to see another grocery warehouse if I can avoid it. I have hazmat and TWIC etc, but I figured food grade/ non-hazmat would be the easiest way to get my feet wet with tankers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucker T

Trucker T Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2019
    No but they did go to Newark so might as well have. It’s a lot of north east which is why I thought 48 cpm was low. Even most dry van jobs I’ve seen with required experience pay at least .55 cpm. Mix that with long load and unload times and it’s gonna be a bad week. Just my opinion. It’ll be others who love the north east. Personally I’ll run north east if I’m paid hourly. Otherwise I’m out.

mlavelle3 Thanks this.
  4. Trucker T

Mar 9, 2019
    I figured the same thing. Don’t quote me on this but I was told by others who ran chemical and diesel that they wouldn’t count non hazmat as experience. Didn’t sound all the way correct to me because food grade is unbaffled tanker so your gonna feel Sergio a whole lot more. At Gts you don’t load or unload so you won’t get that experience either. I also have my twic and my hazmat application fell into limbo thanks too this shutdown. It’s not a bad company. Overall their decent people. To me everything they wanted just didn’t equal the pay.

Redtwin Thanks this.
  5. Trucker T

Mar 9, 2019
    I’ve heard the same about chemical. You actually get paid for everything you do.

bigasa12 and Redtwin Thank this.
  6. Trucker T

Mar 9, 2019
    Check out Bynum and Oakley, I was told awhile back avoid Indian river. If you like the north east Gts would be good. I spoke to a couple Oakley drivers and they get paid more and have several different accounts.

Redtwin Thanks this.
  7. Redtwin

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I have Oakley and Bynum, on my list also. From what I have read/info available, my first choice would be Superior, but I wouldn't turn down a job offer from Indian River if it paid what I needed to live in a truck. Unpaid time is such a common thing in OTR dry van/reefer and it wasn't something I had an issue with providing my paycheck at the end of the week was satisfactory.

8. Trucker T

Mar 9, 2019
    I’m no different. If I can average 500 or 600 miles a day I won’t sweat layovers or detentions. I hope it works out for you. I never want to go back to dry van or reefer either. Most of the ones who give truckers a horrible reputation pull those. Food grade too me seemed better suited for retirees but that’s only my opinion. I just want something where I don’t have to choose between earning a living and having a life. I do love tankers but I need to be paid for my time and anything under 1k after taxes won’t cut it. Gts doesn't do per diem also forgot to mention that.

Redtwin Thanks this.
  9. Twisted0ne

Twisted0ne Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2021
    if anyone is looking for updated info on GTS, I just applied with them they offer .60 cpm and it looks like it will be one and a half days for orientation. I am having to go to Rhode Island to their sister companies yard (Virginia Transport). I am a former employ at Indian River, honestly I couldn't stand working there. if anyone has any questions ill post some updates here on my experience with GTS. I will start with them Monday 11/29/21.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  10. Redtwin

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Please keep us posted with how it goes especially since you have experience with one of their main competitors.

I heard a rumour that GTS had either merged, got bought out or changed their name to Flow Trans. I see more Flow Trans tanks at the wash, but no less GTS so who knows what the real deal is.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  11. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    FlowTrans was started by the same guy who who was instrumental in GTS startup from what I read.

Redtwin and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.