Gulf northern express ??

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Streetroddreams, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Cfiimei

Cfiimei Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2018
    Unless you are facing imminent starvation and can not find another job, go somewhere else. The owner seams like a nice guy, but pays 1990s wages. No detention, breakdown, layover, etc. They dont mind giving trips that average 300 miles a day at a milage rate from 15 years ago with no extra pay. Expect you to work 7 or 8 days straight, take one day off, whichever day of the week that happens to fall on, then go out and do it again. Forget weekends. After working 7 days a week, you may or may not hit $1000 for the week. I'm working in The TX oilfields 14 on 14 off and making more than I was there, working 26 days a month and not knowing which days I would have off.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  2. Long john

Long john Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2019
    Yea as someone else already said the pay is pretty bad, back when I was there in 16 it was 36cpm and no benefits, you got layover but no breakdown or detention pay, they really sell the home every week thing to the max as a way of you overlooking the shît pay, the trucks weren’t great either mostly old kw’s, raggedy Columbia’s and centuries, God’s honest truth I broke down 3 times before I got to Jackson MS once, also its correct you don’t know when you’ll get off either, you may do Gulfport to Minneapolis for 2 months straight then all of a sudden you’re pulling a short load to Olney IL and then when you get back you’ll have to run again to make a decent check, occasionally you’ll get LTL loads also, many a time I had the joy of delivering to Sysco and US foods on the same day and burning my clock out completely.. besides that if you want to be home every week it’s not bad, I hear things are better now, not sure what the pay is but they have benefits, the mechanic team is great also, they’ll fix mechanical issues as soon as you get back to Gulfport, Curtis the owner is a solid guy, real nice and genuinely cares about his drivers.. he was a driver himself

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2019
    Reason for edit: skirting the profanity filter
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.