Gunman kills 32 on Virginia Tech campus

Discussion in 'Other News' started by dstockwell, Apr 16, 2007.

1. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    I was going to write a long post about this as I am SICK to my stomach, but you hit it right on the darn head, CyberGal, LOL. EXCELLENT statement. This is unreal. I am sitting here dumbfounded right now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dstockwell

dstockwell Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2006
    Georgia
    Who would that someone be, a student on a campus, designated to carry a gun.

4. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    We have to think if everyone was allowed to carry a gun that this world would have allot more murders in "I think".
    On the other hand if everyone was allowed to carry a gun there may not have been so many deaths today. I see the teacher would have been killed regardless as it was unexpected.

I hate guns to be honest, but I know they protect us. It's those who get angry over traffic, arguments etc that has caused all the gun laws and I don't blame them.

5. NyteWulf

NyteWulf Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Blacksburg, Va.
    I live down the road from VT campus. On an unrelated incident, my wife had to be admitted to the same hospital as the victims, on the same floor. Very hard for me to get into the hospital just to see my wife, they had me show ID, and they searched me, asking me 20 questions. It really gets on my nerves when things like this happens. Not too long ago a guy had to be admitted to the hospital in police custody, he ended up shooting the cop guarding him and a hospital security guard, killing both. Then he killed another cop the next day on the run. They finally caught the guy a few days, later, but after this and what happened today, I gotta ask what the h*ll is going on with Virginia Tech and Blacksburg. It's time for us to move. My prayers go out to the families and victims, thankfully my wife will be OK.

6. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    good to hear your wife is ok and so are you......................

7. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Texas
    We can probably put to rest the gun control banter.

If the Chicago Sun-Times is correct, it was a 24 year old Chinese Man who arrived here last year on a student visa. He wouldn't have legally owned the gun.

This sickens me

8. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    I just can't understand what could possibly drive a person to do such a thing...

My heart just HURTS tonight.

9. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Texas
    Same here, and what sickens me more is seeing the blame game already being played. Parents demanding people be fired, blame here, blame there, then I pop on here and see reference to gun control.

Details are sketchy at best, the police are giving out no information, but the public is already making demands. I just don't understand it. More concerned with pointing fingers than showing compassion for those who have lost friends and family.

10. Aussie

Aussie <strong>Thunder From DownUnder</strong>

May 7, 2006
    Lynchburg, VA
    One can only feel sympathy for the victims and their families for this senseless slaughter of people minding their own business.
    It's not too dissimilar to the Port Arthur Massacre, Tasmania on April 28th 1996 that saw 35 killed and 37 wounded in and around the tourist area. It was this incident that set into motion the Gun Control Laws in Australia. It can't be argued that it was our right to bear arms as it was never written into the Laws in AU. If it has saved even one life, it's worked.
    It would be wishful thinking to see something like that happen here as it's happening way too often and something has to be done.

11. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Wake up and use your head. The guy has been identified as a Chinese national here on a student visa. Its probably already illegal for him to have a fire arm.
    In Columbine the libs like you want more gun control laws, completely and willingly forget the fact that both of those boys were in illegal possession of fire arms.

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez get real.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.