Gunthers Transport,Baltimore,Md

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Mack attack, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Lee Epling

Lee Epling Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    Well boys I can you tell you this, I work for Gunther's Transport. I have a few things that I have to deal with, but if your not a pansy, or a pretty boy, got a brain, want more miles, even ones you don't. Can make things look good, can work a log book, and not back down from the " I know everything about trucking, dickspatcher" then come on a get some. I have a family, and before was working for a company with E-Logs, and about lost everything. This is a bit of a challenge from day to day. Show me a small company that does not falsify there logs, I.E loading and unloading, and I will show you your lying your "you know what" off. I mean I know swift, and schnieder drivers that do the same stuff. As far as Mark Gunther goes. The man has been through hell and back to keep a company afloat after a few disgruntled employee's about made him lose it and his family. For all you cry babies out there, look at it from his shoes, think of the opportunity he gave you, probably when no one else would, and you spit in his face? Nice

Powell-Peralta Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powell-Peralta

Powell-Peralta Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2007
    So...... you're saying that they still run hot?

Do they still do alot of airfreight?

How many miles on average per week are you getting?

4. Lee Epling

Jul 8, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    Hey man I work there and before you go bad mouthing a company, you honestly need to look at the circumstances around it. I have never been told to take a load, I am always asked. If you know what I mean. I like the extra money, and can work a log book, so it does not bother me. If I am tired, I call in and tell them, and I have never been told " you took the load, and it has to be there" they tell me fine, pull over and call in when you are rolling again. It is not like they are heartless. I make a good living and the equipment I drive is older, but it runs, and it works. I have a VNL 430 Volvo, 2005 10 speed, and runs at 73. So, being part of the Left Lane Gang, is what I wanted, 3300 a week, and home every 2-3 weeks, anything else is asking too much. I prefer working here rather than a company with E logs, logging every time you start and stop, that is just ridiculous, the FMCSA states that anything longer that 15 min requires you to log it. I think the engineers in this country coming up with all this new crap, needs to come out on the road for six months with our pay, and try to make a living for them and there family, then go back to congress and see what rules need to be enforced. Honestly I am not going anywhere, the man that owns this company went through hell over some disgruntled employees, for those of you who have not ran there own business before, need to think about the type of pressure that is. Knowing you are supporting not only your family, but others as well. Then to have some snake in the grass, who was part of everything, turn on you. Where I come from, they would have never made it to court, they would be gator bait in some swamp in GA.

5. jellybean

jellybean Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Central MD
    Lee I don't believe you are talking about the same gunthers as the op. Gunthers Transport out of hanover, md has horrible equipment and the fmcsa scores to prove it. 80.7% in unsafe driving, 99.3% in fatigued driving and 99.8% in vehicle maintenance.

6. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I thought it was only one Gunther.

7. Mack attack

Mack attack Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Baltimore,Md
    I was wondering myself,when my girlfriend and I were teaming there we barely got 4000 miles,so I find it hard to believe he is getting 3300 by himself. They also only had 2 trucks with standard transmissions(werner) everything else was autos(us express).

8. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
  9. jellybean

jellybean Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Central MD
    Mack how long were you there and how long ago was it?

10. Lee Epling

Jul 8, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    Yes, I can agree with you on two things. One is that there are US Express trucks, and yes some of them are garbage. I run SOLO, they have dedicated accounts, and for those of you doing team, should have realized they do not care about you. It is all about the customer, so if you wanted to make money, dedicated is not the way to go. I am purchasing the truck through Mark Sr., and yes I have the pay stubs to prove it. That is neither here nor there. All I am saying is I like it here, and there are Three Brother's that have companies that are on Shipley or Railroad ave, in Hanover. I would also like to say this. If you had a bad experience then I feel sorry for you. Me on the other hand I have not, and get along with my dispatcher, so I get the opportunity to make extra money, so why would I leave?

11. Lee Epling

Jul 8, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    Also, you do the math. It is 638 miles from Westminster, MD to Crawfordsville, IN. It is also 728 miles from Monroe township, NJ to Crawfordsville, IN. Those are my routes, usually just go back and forth every once in a while. I might get a Jersey City, NJ to Westminster, and the cycle repeats itself. I have no reason to lie, I am just telling you what I do. I run six days a week, and get sunday off. All distances are ran in an 10.5 to 11 hour period, my truck runs 73, and I am well within my legal limits, like I said this is my weekly run. just back and forth, back and forth. 3 turns, and a day off.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.