Gunthers Transport,Baltimore,Md

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Mack attack, Jan 7, 2010.

1. sweetgert

sweetgert Bobtail Member

May 3, 2011
    Rockwell, NC
    well folks i (worked) for em fer 2 months and i just got accepted by someone else.
    all i can say is they will hire anybody no matter what.
    there is some good to that but not enough. i personally am glad to be gone from there while i still got a license too work with. no more running the road in a truck where the cab temperature is somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 degrees f.
    i had a 60 something year old man put with me and it nearly killed him i had to hose him down with water to keep him alive or from having a heatstroke after only 4 1/2 hours in my pass. seat and those morones said well thats not your problem keep driving. someone tell me whose problem that is huh. thank GOD above that i dont have to drive the crockpot no more oh by the way you dont order IFTA stickers ya go down with yer fuel purchase records and trip records and they figure out which states you owe taxes in then ya write the check and they hand you your IFTA's.
    i say this because ive purchased them in the past and not one of gunthers company trucks has an up to date IFTA on it

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sweetgert

sweetgert Bobtail Member

May 3, 2011
    Rockwell, NC
    By the way Im sweetgerts husband and i made the last post in her name.they do NOT run all 48 there are actually 5 brothers and they each do their own thing for a bussiness ie busses for 1 trash trucks another and so on.
    and number 91 truck the 1995 volvo is a short nose but not a cabover it does have a small dog box in the cab and 2 out of 3 latches are busted .so the engine heat from the engine compartment comes into the cab ie 200 degrees can cause severe health issues. the only way i could survive in that kind of heat was too stay wet by using a water hose every hour or 2 too hose down and stay as wet as possible and also drink lots of fluids, LOTS!!and i also ran with the windows downand none of their trucks have AC that works at least the company owned trucks

4. sweetgert

sweetgert Bobtail Member

May 3, 2011
    Rockwell, NC
    take a (BS)detector with you to the interveiw im sweetgerts other half and i worked for them up till last week then id had enough
    and theyd better pay that ifta ticket i got on their behalf or im gittin my lawyer involved
    none of the company trucks have an ifta that is up to date and that goes on your DAC not theirs
    BEWARE be VERY aware

5. sweetgert

sweetgert Bobtail Member

May 3, 2011
    Rockwell, NC
    lee dont realize 1 is a good score and 100 is a bad score does he

6. sweetgert

sweetgert Bobtail Member

May 3, 2011
    Rockwell, NC
    right side slide they pull all gunther trucks around back in MD if it says gunther or its pulling a gunther trailer its inspected and dont get caught by the penn. state troopers in april i got pulled or my co-driver did actually and they told him he was the 5th one that month .it was only the 6th of april by the way they told him the next one they would impound the truck / load and detain the driver till gunther company paid all those tickets or they would keep it all locked up

7. sweetgert

sweetgert Bobtail Member

May 3, 2011
    Rockwell, NC
    jellybean as an ex employee im not afraid to say i agree ive pulled trailers against my wishes that showed more steel on the tires than on the truck frame and im not talkin bout no rims

8. RJ33RD

RJ33RD Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Yeah my friend said the same thing over 6 yrs ago.

9. kg4yvl

kg4yvl Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Rockwell NC
    well i just quit from there and it looks like im gonna hafta get the labor board involved to get my last pay

10. kg4yvl

kg4yvl Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Rockwell NC
    got me a new job elsewhere at more than twice the pay and 401k ,paid vac. paid holidays insurance benefits and really nice equipment

11. kg4yvl

kg4yvl Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Rockwell NC
    yall aint gonna believe this but they just asked me on the phone whats my statis with the company.and thats after the night dispatch cussed me out and ran me off the property for taking my own belongings out of the truck to come home for the weekend

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.