Guy pulls fifth wheel.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by 22dragoo, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Sportster2000

Sportster2000 Road Train Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Indiana
    If any of the trucks at work catch fire I will not attempt to put them out. For one I would get wrote up at work for not being trained to operate a fire extinguisher, I'm not kidding. Two, if it catches fire I do not want to deal with the gremlins that come with it after it is "fixed" which no matter what you do cannot truly fix something like that, we've tried.

austinmike and passingthru69 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    With the 5th wheel locked you can it by wrapping tape around it, just at the edge of the guide eye. Pull it and clean it good and paint it behind the tape with bright red paint. Just to give a "visual" when you approach your truck or do a walk around. No sure what I would do but most likely someone would be hurt!!

Bean Jr. and LoudOne Thank this.
  4. breadtrk

breadtrk Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Or..... just lean over and look? It an in or out deal, don't need paint or duct tape. SMH

A21CAV Thanks this.
  5. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

After 30 some years of driving trucks I cover all basis. Never lost a trailer neither. 0 accidents as well.

LoudOne and passingthru69 Thank this.
  6. Heathar

Heathar Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Yes the driver definitely should of checked. I would, respect my other drivers out there, and gotten out of the truck and gave guy heads up. That's just me tho

7. LoudOne

LoudOne Medium Load Member

You didn't think that the camera was running with nobody in the truck obviously....

8. Heathar

Heathar Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Ha ha no I didn't, I just saw the captions and for some reason assumed they were in truck.. good lord, long day my bad

9. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I too had something like that happen, but it was in the yard. I don't remember why I was driving that truck instead of mine. I picked up a trailer, and there are many high and low spots, and the trailer would drop. If hook up, tug, and verify it was locked. Another dip, and same thing happened. Turns out the driver had complained about it being hard to latch, and took it to a shop. They backed off the adjustment and cleaned the dried grease. The forgot to adjust it back, and the king pin would lift out of it.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. LoudOne

LoudOne Medium Load Member

WOW

11. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Do tell? The only JOST units I've seen have been in videos, and they included the electrical connections and an in-cab release switch.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.