H.O. Wolding is a GREAT company!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Grabbin-Gears, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Rapid_BK

Rapid_BK Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Central Wisconsin
    GoPack,

Just let your DM know you would like to run out west, most of the loads going out there go to Bellmont, AZ (10 miles from Flagstaff) and then they will run you out of there for a while if you like, good chance of getting runs to LA/SoCal area.......

BK

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jr29

jr29 Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Tennessee
    BK is right about Southern California. I worked at Wolding for almost 5 years and unless things have changed there are a lot of loads going from Wisconsin to Belmont and a lot from Belmont on out to California.

4. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    You guys do a lot of purina loads to the area??

KH

5. GoPackGo77

GoPackGo77 Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Durham, ME
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all of the info. Well I passed my road test so I now officially have my Class A...WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Now I'm sitting here at the airport in Manchester, NH waiting for my flight to Appleton. Starting orientation Wednesday & I couldn't be more excited.

Be safe out there.

6. FastCat

FastCat Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    How did it go? Still at Wolding?

7. sbgogirl

sbgogirl Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Anderson, SC
    I just got my CDL last week.

I have applied to H.O.Wolding and I know they are doing a back ground check on me now. They have been in touch with my school.

Also, US Xpress is looking at me...

Which company is the better company to go with. I am down south. H.O. Wolding just picked up a new account in my home town.

8. FastCat

FastCat Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Ive only been driving a year but I would recommend wolding. That local account will help with your hometime. also i think the smaller companys are generally better than mega carriers to their drivers

9. fatdog

fatdog Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Edgerton
    Tip 2 here...should be noted that a lot of companies these days do not want you to signal another driver that they have cleared you in any way whatsoever because of liability issues. One in particular that I know of, is the Linde company, which hauls industrial/medical gas. Definitely don't flash your lights, as already stated, but you may be directed to not signal clearance to other drivers as well. How will your company find out? In the case of Linde, they are installing cameras that face both out the windshield, and back to the driver, with sound. Not to mention that your truck computer monitors pretty much anything that happens with electrical issues in your cab. Just mentioning this to let the old school guys know that there may be reasons why some of the young guns coming up don't follow the old traditions.

While on that topic...guess why nobody turns their CB on until they hit the back ups? Because the entire radio culture has turned into a big peeing for distance contest and quickly deteriorates into name calling, profanity challenges, and bigot exhibitions. I have stopped listening to my radio until I come into some traffic that seems heavy, and you sure won't hear me on it even then. I will let all you old school professionals bash the drivers long enough so I can figure out what's going on, then I will turn it off again.

Okay, sorry, not trying to get too much off topic or hijack this thread, just had a short rant to let loose. Rock on and keep the dirty side down.

10. GoPackGo77

Jun 23, 2011
    Durham, ME
    Well, it has been a while. Completed training and final processing and now have my own truck. From December 7th till today (just got home) I have put on 7600 miles so they definitely have miles. Will post up numbers later this weekend, but I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this company and so far am very happy with my decision. Merry Christmas everyone.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  11. GoPackGo77

Jun 23, 2011
    Durham, ME
    Had a little time to relax with the family for Christmas, something I haven't had in a while. So far I would say this company really does care about the drivers. All new drivers have a sit down with their assigned dispatcher and talk about what you the driver want and what they want and can do for you. I told my dispatcher that I would like to see my fiance at least once a month and that I would like to see her before I go home. He says no problem, he can get me there more than that if I would like. Within a week I got to see her and ran around a little bit in SoCal and AZ before I got to stay with her for the weekend. I have no reason to state why this won't happen. I want to run hard because she will be in law school for the next 3 years or so and so far that has happened and we get to see each other more than we did prior. I have heard Wolding has regional, extended regional, and OTR and they are very flexible when it comes to how long you want to be out on the road and when you want to be home. I am OTR and so far the miles have been no problem, even during the normally slower times. I'm hoping that it stays that way. With all that said, here are my numbers from 12/7--12/24. All miles reported are paid miles.

Amherst, WI--Oshkosh, WI--Kansas City, KS= 635 MI
    Kansas City, KS--Independence, MO--Flagstaff, AZ= 1137 MI
    Flagstaff, AZ--Bellemont, AZ--Cerritos, CA= 470 MI
    Cerritos, CA--Lebec, CA--Moreno Valley, CA--Van Nuys, CA--Flagstaff, AZ=792 MI
    Flagstaff, AZ--Bellemont, AZ--Cerritos, CA= 470 MI
    Cerritos, CA--Pico Rivera, CA--Flagstaff, AZ= 472 MI
    Flagstaff, AZ--Bellemont, AZ--Phoenix, AZ= 160 MI
    Phoenix, AZ--Bellemont, AZ= 151 MI
    Bellemont, AZ--Flagstaff, AZ--Neenah, WI= 1711 MI
    Neenah, WI--Green Bay, WI--Lewiston, ME= 1369 MI

Total Paid Miles=7367 x .29/MI=$2136.43+$50(layover)=$2186.43 Total Gross

All of my loads have been preplanned well in advance and I have never had to sit waiting for a load to pop up for me. As soon as I get to a receiver I know exactly where I am going next.

Like I said earlier, I like to run and run hard. I have told my dispatcher this and so far he has not disappointed. I hope this is not what some refer to as the "honeymoon" period but I have no reason to believe that it is. I will be heading back out Tuesday morning but I will try and keep this updated as much as possible to give others a glimpse of what it is like here at HO Wolding from my perspective. Stay safe out there and keep the dirty side down. Oh yeah, and one more thing...GO PACK GO!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.