Had it up to here....

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by ttnae, Oct 28, 2020.

1. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    I think biggest concern for the broker ( good one ) not just his cut but also find reliable and responsible carrier , i strongly believe that i can qualify as one . I pick up and deliver in stated time frame , submitted paperwork in time , delivered the cargo without damage . I can always provide my location to my dispatch if the broker eager to know ...why he even needs my location , i am not late or something , is it 1mil worth and he worried or he has nothing to do in his office , calling me at 6am to find out where i am if my pick up at 2pm ...but when dispatch asking for more money - i am only making 100 , 6 hours detention - i am waiting on the customer to get back to me ...maybe i interpreted differently about standing behind my words ...maybe its because english my second language
    And i am not the one to give carriers bad name .

86scotty Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. User666

User666 Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2020
    Northeast Ohio
    I completely get what you're saying and agree but you stated above that you agreed to accept tracking and then deleted the app afterwards and didn't provide the service in the end. That's not keeping your word. This is causing major ripples in the industry because brokers have to word their BCAs to protect themselves from guys like you and then I have word my policies in such an overbearing way to protect myself form the brokers verbiage. It's a vicious cycle that has risen into a litigation nightmare because people aren't keeping their ends of the agreements. Same goes for the other guy who signed a contract agreeing to not solicit the broker's customer but does so anyway. Bad news.

JimmyTwoTimes Thanks this.
  4. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I have personally never accepted tracking and deleted it but I'm pretty sure I know where Pavrom is coming from, at least mostly. Most of them don't work worth a flip. Especially the carrier's own tracking, like TQL and some of the other big ones that have it. They routinely quit working, I let the broker know and by then the load is half done or done and I might get one check call.

I'm writing this because brokers need to know two things. First, most people that can operate a truck can operate a phone so it's not our error. Second, we're not lying when we say your tracking app isn't working and we don't have time to stop all the time and fool with it. Most of us are more concerned with getting your product delivered.

5. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    15.65% last month. I guess not a "soft" 15%, but kinda in line with what I've always said- 10-20% here. 20201105_072654.jpg

6. JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Agreed.

7. JimmyTwoTimes

Aug 23, 2019
    If this were the case we would work with you, and wouldn't have a problem working with you on not using the tracking application after you ran a few loads for us and they went smoothly. But agreeing to use the application and then deleting it after you have the load is just an integrity thing for me and my team. I can't imagine you couldn't find another load that didn't require a tracking application, especially in this market, so why accept our load and then purposely be deceitful.

Dale thompson and p608 Thank this.
  8. JimmyTwoTimes

Aug 23, 2019
    I totally get this, and it's fair feedback. I agree that MOST of the time, carriers aren't lying when they say they are having issues with the tracking app. But clearly that isn't always the case as Pavrom alluded to earlier.

Dale thompson and 86scotty Thank this.
  9. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Pffft... we know you flipped those numbers around. I’ve seen the utube where y’all makin 50-80%o_O
    Which I’ve always wondered why if you think you’re getting boned, then why continue... unless you like it :cool:

PPDCT and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  10. DMTLLC

DMTLLC Light Load Member

May 1, 2020

11. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    What other people enjoy behind closed doors is not for me to judge... ;)

86scotty, p608 and 062 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.