Halvor Lines Flatbed

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by trk3, Oct 29, 2015.

1. trk3

trk3 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Norman OK
    Any current info on this company's flatbed division?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cheddarhead

Cheddarhead Bobtail Member

May 10, 2015
    NW Wisconsin
    They start flats at 37 cents, no tarp pay, Haul a lot of USG products around the country.

4. crazyk

crazyk Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Northern MN
    Ouch. Roehl van or reefer start at that CPM. FB has harder load securement responsibilities and dealing with the elements. HL has nice equipment and I think they are governed faster than the 63 mph of Roehl.

I am looking at switching to HL as an Owner Operator just to get more loads by my home. Roehl has been good to me and HL's FB page has a lot of happy drivers so I can't talk smack about them.

5. Redhorse71

Redhorse71 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Superior, WI
    I will be meeting with a recruiter from Halvor today. Flatbed is what I am interested in. From what I understand, the loads are pre-tarped which is why they don't have tarp pay.

6. Pete jockey

Pete jockey Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    North of Pittsburgh Pa
    I'm sure on occasion you may have a pre-tarped load, but I'd be willing to bet you will tarp loads.

7. crazyk

crazyk Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Northern MN
    I do power only work with Halvor and it seems like most of their tarp loads are from places that have a yard dog who does it or a local. Of course, I have seen them untarp a load when delivering a live unload so you still have climbing and stuff.

8. drh72

drh72 Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Northeast Minnesota
    Halvor has a sliding pay scale, I believe that .37 to start is with little to no experience. They add a penny for every year experience up to 6yrs plus mileage, idle and safety bonus witch can add up to another .08 cents per mile. So, an experienced company driver with 6yrs experience can start at .43 plus the bonus that they achieve through out the quarter.

Rusty Trawler Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.