HAM Radio

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by striker, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    I quit this hobby years ago when Morse code requirements were dropped.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I wanted a 1X2 call so bad but I could never snag one. So I decided to go after a 1X3 call and watched several that were weighed well for CW and worked out phonetically on voice. I researched those to find how long they were issued and to whom, I found three of them that were issued in 1938/1939 and was held until they went SK only a few years before, I put my request in for all three - one main one and two alternatives and ended up with the second one for some reason - the first choice was still available for over a year.

4. CW Spook

CW Spook Light Load Member

I'm an old 20-wpm Extra, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see more interest in CW now than there was back when it was a requirement. I just shipped off an antique Vibroplex Blue Racer to a ham in WA, and have another one going to a ham in the Netherlands, as I pare down my collection.

5. CW Spook

CW Spook Light Load Member

I got my 1x2 the first day vanity calls became available about 20 years ago. "FG" was my 'sine' when I was a Navy CT.

Rick, W0FG

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  6. delta5

delta5 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Ohio
    That audio sounds overprocessed to me. The average radio unmodified is not going to let that wide signal completely through anyhow.

7. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Absolutely no audio processing whatsoever. It's 100% analog. it's a Heil pr781 plugged directly into the cheap CB radio itself which has been extensively modified.
    on the other hand, motormouth Maul is extremely over-processed

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  8. Ridgeline

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    YOU make no sense at all. Audio processing doesn't have to be digital, it can be analog, sounds like a lot of compression to me and a wide band audio at that.

9. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    zero compression. from what I remember, I believe that signal is 7000 hertz wide. notice the low frequency response has been rolled off inside the radio without Using an External equalizer.

10. Ridgeline

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    It still sounds that way, 7k means little to me with a youtube video while using the mic on the phone and speaker on the radio.

handlebar and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  11. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    Running an IC-7000 into a Tarheel II for hf and an IC 880 DStar for vhf/uhf. Frequently can be found on 7.187 and 14.287.

stacks and MarkH129 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.