Hanging Oversize signs

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by kubotaorange76, Jan 8, 2012.

1. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    I don't like the mesh signs. They don't hold up very well. Nothing to patch to/repair when they start falling apart.

I have drivers that have a round magnet with a flag attached to it to stick on the end of a tractor axle. It works pretty slick

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truck609

Truck609 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Arizona
    Do not cover your tractor base plate.......take it off and zip tie it to the grill if you have to, but don't cover that one. The trailer plate, no problem.....I hang my rear sign just below my tail lights using one snubber on each top corner, nothing on the bottom although you could if you wanted to. I ran from NY to CA with a 13' wide recently with my signs attached like that and no trouble at any scale.

If you don't have the flag magnets, use bailing wire and attach to your chains.

4. kubotaorange76

kubotaorange76 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Monticello, Ga
    thank yall! im going to try and build something to fit into rear stake pockets...i cant seem to figure a way to hang it without covering the lights because of how my mudflaps are. Unless i ran bailing wire on top corners and tied some heavy bolts or something to the bottom corners to keep it from flapping in the wind?

5. kubotaorange76

Apr 9, 2010
    Monticello, Ga
    does the sign not blow around like that?

6. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    Looking at your pictures, I could see another way to do it. I think you will be best to get the signs above the deck of the trailer.

7. mgfg

mgfg Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Especially when hauling plate steel because it is not overly visable.

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i put my sign under the license plate. the top corners are held with bungee straps going through the rubber stops on the trailer. the bottom corners are held to the bumper gaurds with bungee straps.

the bottome is tight while the top is loose (so to speak) so the sign is pulled towards the bottom to keep from covering the plate.

9. kubotaorange76

Apr 9, 2010
    Monticello, Ga
    i was going to put one on each corner for a total of four....thats the widest part...as they are rectangle shaped []

10. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Read your permit and do it as it says. FL wants flags at the front and back of truck and at the widest points

SHC Thanks this.
  11. kubotaorange76

Apr 9, 2010
    Monticello, Ga
    im following sc permit because the georgia permit doesnt tell me anything but the route

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.