Hanging Oversize signs

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by kubotaorange76, Jan 8, 2012.

1. mgfg

mgfg Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Be sure that you have the required "provision" sheets for each permit also. They should be attached to the permit eiather with a staple or paperclip. READ your permits and understand them. Some require that they be signed in a specific colored ink to prove that your read the permit. Read, understand the permit and follow it in full.

back street slider Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kubotaorange76

kubotaorange76 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Monticello, Ga
  4. Truck609

Truck609 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Arizona
    You would certainly think so! Years ago I was short some bungies and only had enough (after tarping) to use the two on top. After about 100 miles I ran into a friend of mine and had him follow me so i would know what was going on. He said the sign was just hanging fine, not blowing up or anything. After that I quit using bungies on the bottom.

5. deadeyetrucker

deadeyetrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2010
    republic wa
    i've made a bulkhead of 4by4s and attached my sign to that on the deck ... if you have space to do so

6. deadeyetrucker

deadeyetrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2010
    republic wa
    oh hey i forgot this one i use cloth flags, so i'll take caribiners and attach my flags on the chains.

7. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I'm going to have to swing in the shop and have you show me these holders for the sign. Deff need to make something up.

8. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    I put the sign on so it covers the plate up then put a "C"clamp on each side to push the banner down so the plate can be seen.

9. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    From my experience, the plate on the trailer does not need to be visible, just the one on the front of the tractor. I just bungeed the sign below the lights and made sure it was snug as not to flop in the wind.

10. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    you have been lucky i know that texas and ohio and alot of other states can and will ticket you if you get the right officer.

11. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    We just had one of the other drivers I am traveling with pulled over today in Iowa because....................his rear banner covered the license plate.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.