HANJIN

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by JJKid, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    C'mon @RERM , you have to know what I'm talking about

RERM Thanks this.
  3. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
  4. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    http://www.usnews.com/news/business...hanjin-to-resume-work-in-long-beach-this-week

Looks like the immediate crisis will start to resolve, at least vessels will be able to offload cargo. No word yet on how soon other shipping lines will be able to cover the freight.

Yesterday I talked with my broker that used to handle all my freight. The situation is CRAZY. At least two or three weeks of cargo are piling up in ports overseas. Air freight is having a field day. Rates? You don't even want to know.

Expect higher consumer prices in the next few quarters.

5. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    There was a ginormous Hanjin stack at Elwood yesterday with huge likes to go with it.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Why do people think that pouring money down a hole will fix the problem? When the people in poor countries put their collective sorry ###-- toward improving their own lives then they can live better. Our money poured down these holes does absolutely nothing to improve their lives. Go back to America's earliest days. People got on ships at great personal risk and sailed to America. Many, many generations of people continued that effort to bring this country to where it was before the UN (our money down a hole), NAFTA ( our living standards had no where to go other than down), and the rise of people like the Bushes and the Clintons (and many others) who put their personal gain ahead of this nation's well being.
    Going back to throwing money at a problem - how well have Welfare, food stamps, sending billions in aid to foreign countries, and the like worked at making peoples lives better?
    Help yourself and I will help you. Sit on your butt and whine - you can kiss mine.

bowhunter67 Thanks this.
  7. KriegHund

KriegHund Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    On a hill south of heaven
    I have to agree, to disagree.

8. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Fair enough.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  9. melsno

melsno Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2015
    %3? Aint they the seventh largest in the world. They have about 500000 containers stranded or $14 billion floating.

bzinger and Lepton1 Thank this.
  10. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.