Hansen and Adkins Hometime

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Trucker32277, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Trucker32277

Trucker32277 Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I currently live in my truck over the road, when I go home every three months or so I get a hotel.

Do any Hansen drivers stay out over the road for an extended period of time.....like 2-3 months?
    How much hometime does a person accrue if they stay out?

I know a lot of you get home weekends or during the week, but I was wondering if any drivers stay out for a while. I may not be realistic about staying out for a while with car hauling given how exhausting it is and being a rookie but I wanted to know about other drivers.

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NuCar Carrier

NuCar Carrier Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2016
    I don't know about H & A. With Jack Cooper it's slightly different for each terminal but generally if you are returning to your home terminal and can legally complete the trip they won't pay your hotel. They don't care if you go home with the truck, if it's enroute, just won't pay the hotel.

If you plan it right and are always loaded outbound over a weekend they may have no problem paying your hotel. The reasoning being you'll be that much further ahead for the next week.

Jack Cooper is a union outfit and all drivers have a 'home' terminal. H & A may allow you to run from terminal to terminal and stay out all you want.
    Banker or another H & A driver can help you more.

crb and Trucker32277 Thank this.
  4. Very Metal

Very Metal Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Dirty South,Tn
    I just got hired by H&A out of Memphis Terminal. I live in Memphis area and am told run regionally and local as the trucks are daycabs, when out of town stay in hotels. Also flexible on choice of runs . I will update my experience with them. I start the 2 week training course at the end of the month.

Coolbreeze and Trucker32277 Thank this.
  5. Trucker32277

Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks very metal. I look forward to your updates. I hope you do well.

6. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Most terminals will get you home on the weekends and depending on where you live and what terminal you run out of you could also be home daily or every few days.

They do have a group of drivers who will go to what ever terminal needs help and stay for what ever time frame they need help. I have heard it is up to 30 days out, but don't quote me on that since I am not positive.

Generally speaking carhaul is not the type of gig you are talking about. You will probably want a home to go to for R&R, but they will let you work as much as you want as long as you run legal.

BigBob410, Trucker32277 and crb Thank this.
  7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    You will like the TM in Memphis. He is a former driver and is a great guy. He has always been helpful to me in helping me get back home by finding me the best direction to load to eventually get home.

Trucker32277 and crb Thank this.
  8. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I worked at H&A for 18 months. I know every terminal is different but they do have (or had) what they call a "Fast Action Response Team". We called it F.A.R.T.!! Those guys hated that!! But anyhow they had a group of drivers that would basically chase overflow. If one of their terminals got in the weeds these guys would run around and help where they were needed. They were on the road alot more than the domiciled drivers.

59EX and Trucker32277 Thank this.
  9. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I need to start reading the whole thread before I respond! Lol

Banker Thanks this.
  10. Very Metal

Very Metal Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Dirty South,Tn
    Appreciate the feedback. That was my feeling after my interview there. TM very experienced in trucking and gave me a good vibe about making the jump from flatbed.

11. Trucker32277

Oct 9, 2017
    Hey Big Bob and banker....what can I expect to earn my first few months with Hansen..given I'd be a rookie and taking a long time to load the trailer...is 800-900 gross a reasonable expectation or more ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.