Hansen and Adkins Hometime

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Trucker32277, Oct 10, 2017.

1. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Very reasonable. Everyone is different. As long as you're patient and pay attention to details you should do fine. Good luck. Keep us updated.

Trucker32277 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    There is a very big range in pay due to driver, type of loads pulled and also depends on the terminal. I am an owner op so my numbers are different. I can't imagine you would make any less than that. Once you learn where to run to maximize your loaded miles you should be between $1400 and $2000. There are probably drivers making $1,000 but they aren't working smart. There are also drivers making $2,000 and they are working hard and smart. There are many factors but I think you will get 25% to start. Somewhere between $500 and $1000 a week of your pay will be up to your abilities, motivation and you learning the system. By taking a load towards a good backhaul vs a bad backhaul can effect you several hundred in a day or so.

SQ609, crb, BigBob410 and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    You probably know more about the company driver side than I do. Carry on!

Trucker32277 Thanks this.
  5. Trucker32277

Trucker32277 Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Very helpful responses. Thank you.

Banker Thanks this.
  6. BigBob410

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I just realized I had answered a question that had already been answered. You pretty much hit the nail on the head with the post above.

Banker Thanks this.
  7. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    Not a Hansen driver. But, keep in mind. All you have to do is on Friday make sure that the load you pick can night or weekend drop. As long as it can, I'm sure they'll let you have all you can stand. Car haul is a very good business to be in. Hansen has sleeper trucks and those guys tend to go to where the highest need is. I'm sure they would love to have a guy that is willing to roll. Just remember to take your time learning to load and unload the right way and speed will come with repetition.

BigBob410, Trucker32277 and Banker Thank this.
  8. BigBob410

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    That is the biggest mistake people make coming into car haul. You definitely won't be raking in the dough to start out with. A lot of folks come into it broke or dang near and want to better themselves. Which is great!! But they expect to do it overnight. I mean heck you drive the cars on, drive to the dealership and drive 'em off! How hard could that be?! Lol!! Take the advice above...slow and steady! Speed and $$$$ will get there but not if you're tearing stuff up!!

VTech, 59EX, Banker and 1 other person Thank this.
  9. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    So how are you liking your new job Big Bob? I hope it is going good for you.

10. BigBob410

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    It's going great! Few bumps figuring out all the new dispatch procedures. VTC has been good so far. It's kind of like being an O/O with out all the headaches and payments. As long as I roll I never hear a peep from anyone! I guess it has to do with the Owner being a former driver. It's definitely the most laid back carhaul job I've had. And not having to chase around the silly circle around DC twice a day is a blessing!!! Thanks for asking!

11. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Not running the beltway makes it great in my opinion! I see your trucks every now and then, so I will watch for you. Being left alone to do your job is also a great thing. Stay safe out there.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.