Hansen And Adkins .....

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Ace228, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Ace228

Ace228 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Mississippi
    How is training in Jacksonville going? Are you done and own your own now? Hansen is a great company for sure. Where will you be hauling out of for as your home terminal?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ace228

Ace228 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Mississippi
    Yeah I agree with all that except if you ran out of Montgomery like I did we didn't have that option we were never home daily just weekends. And they are correct about telling you that the more you hustle the more you make but if it was me I would expect no less than $1800 on the low end for as take home and $2200 on the high end...just if your killing yourself hustling you deserve good money.

4. Ace228

Ace228 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Mississippi
    image.jpg

interpreter Thanks this.
  5. Ace228

Ace228 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Mississippi
    This was in Florida when I was car hauling at the time with Hansen

6. Ace228

Ace228 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Mississippi
    image.jpg

7. Ace228

Ace228 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Mississippi
    Yep Jacksonville is the training grounds and you will make good friends and learn and grow together of the basics...you will only learn going up and down the planks forward and backwards...after training there you will go to your home terminal where you will spend almost a full month shadowing your real trainer at home such as you and him will load both your trailers and go to the same destinations. I left Jacksonville thinking in they didn't train is right but they didn't say that the real training was at home dispatch. Take the Jacksonville training as a vacation cause the real work is when you come back home and learn to strap,ratchet,measure loads,and space each car and out the puzzle of cars together.

8. Ace228

Ace228 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Mississippi
    If he hasn't retired yet I believe tony is your trainer if not you will have that lazy Dan or Mac...lmao

9. ShaneA

ShaneA Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Ace I haven't started training yet. Got everything done here, just waiting on the call. The terminal mgr is hoping everything is processed for me to start training on Sept 14 I think. Still waiting on them to finish up my background check and get my drug screen results. I will be running out of Birmingham.

10. Ace228

Ace228 Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2014
    Mississippi
    Birmingham is a good terminal ..rail yard I believe. Now that manager there will work with you and your home time there, good choice. It takes a while for background and all to come back but you basically have the job. You will do fine Shane and training is laid back in Jacksonville but when you come back to Birmingham the real training begins with your trainer there. It will be fine and you will learn a lot hopefully your will be in a quick loader than a high rail trailer. Good luck and keep me posted! Your with a great company!

11. interpreter

interpreter Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2013
    What is the difference between a quick loader and a high rail?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.