Happy Drivers appreciation week!!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by WrightTrucker33, Sep 14, 2020.

1. WrightTrucker33

WrightTrucker33 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2019
    Houston
    123 main st

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    And this is what gets me. In my experience, most weight stations will give the driver at least 1 .... & some give two chances to slide the axle & get it right. This one apparently didnt even give him an opportunity to make it right before issuing a ticket. Thats low right there... just plain low. That weight could have more than easily been corrected.

spindrift Thanks this.
  4. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Maryland did the same to me too. Ticket first then slide all you want. Luckily for me they didn't require a reweigh as the tandems rails were stuck so I hightailed it out of there still over axle weight after dragging locked tandems across their lot a few times to no avail.

The Oregon ticket was with a tanker so no sliding anything. Company picked up the tab for that one though.

5. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    530 dollar over weight ticket? My wife or bank account would never miss that.

I thought you got a over weight ticket lol.

Pay it and move on. Lol.

6. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    These tickets are nothing more then revenue. We have overweight permits hauling milk. The difference between having an overweight permit, and not having such a permit.... money.

Question.... I know each trailer I pull I have a separate permit for. Do those permits cover that 1 trailer with multiple tractors, or does the permit cover the trailer regardless of what truck is pulling it and each truck has a copy of the same permit?

If a permit is issued everytime the combination changes, what a money scam. I use in total 6 trailers, often times another truck might deliver to the plant.

The difference between a truck with a permit and one without, nothing but money. Tires, brakes, tractor is all the same. It's all a money game

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  7. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    O yes, good ‘ol ‘driver appreciation week’, over the years has morphed into ‘employee appreciation week’ at the large employers, that way all the gifts, cards, prizes, etc., are paid out to every ‘non-driver’ management can find.

8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    It's a bit naive to see a world where "capital" is not the king! Everything we do in life apart from social items like family is money-related. I don't ever remember telling my carrier oh don't worry about this I will take that load out west for no pay! Governments are no different. Agreed most Governments from DC down to the local town have their hands in the "cookie jar" and look for ways to get more every day. In the case of permitted loads at first, it was to direct routes to keep a "special" load running and avoid load restricted roads or bridges as well as low clearance bridges. To keep them running during the day time and to not run at all in some areas. Is it all about money? Of course, it is. In this situation saying it's all about money is like notifying the entire forum, the Pope is Catholic!

9. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Money is why I stuck with walton milk hauling. Plant deliveries arent part of my route, they are added loads. I get $50 extra everytime I go to oatka. Sometimes it takes two hours to unload and wash, today no one at the plant. It will take me less then an hour here.... or about $1 a minute... I get 5-6 extra plant delivies a week, sometimes more. Going to the plant covers my mortgage on a monthly and then some... walk away from that, I really cant. I've already made 49k so far this year..... on a local job.

Yes indeed, money is a huge motivator. I almost always make over $20 per hour on these loads.

10. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Heard about "driver adoration week" on the radio, but no coffee and Ding Dongs at the terminal,,,guess they did not get the memo

11. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    We get a goodie bag every day. Got a rain coat one day and a 40 dollar credit to buy any food item in warehouse today.

'88K100 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.