Has anyone done Schneider...

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by IAM KING, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Sami121323

Sami121323 Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Why Schneider ask tanker endorsement to hire on van owner operator? Please every if know the reason.
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
  4. IAM KING

IAM KING Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    I have done 3 day refresher course this week MN and it was great. It was a class of 10 everyone did good. It's very cold in MN.

ExOTR and Rocknroller4 Thank this.
  5. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    I can confirm the refresher with SNI as well. They want to send me to Dallas for a four day refresher and then off to Phoenix afterwards for the standard orientation. Only downside is you have to commit to 90 days since they pay for the refresher but that's only three months. Refresher program is with a non-Schneider company. Good to know it went ok for you. I think we have to share hotel rooms? not too thrilled about that but guess it's the only way.

6. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    So they offer a refresher now in Dallas? What is the "outside company" hosting it?

7. Rocknroller4

Nov 25, 2015
    Yes and the recruiter didn't mention what company it was. I should have asked. Hoping SNI are ok for a new driver. Keep reading the pay is pretty low.

8. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Pay is low everywhere as a new driver. But Schneider has cheap benefits(which are pretty good), will always run you legal, actually try to keep their drivers happy, and have trailers that are well maintained.

Rocknroller4 Thanks this.
  9. Rocknroller4

Nov 25, 2015
    That's what I figured. Thanks for the details. Everyone says bad about this, that, or the other but really all these megas are the same. I was told SNI have United Healthcare. Hope that is decent health insurance.

10. SingingWolf

SingingWolf Heavy Load Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Steubenville, OH
    o_O I'd say mostly well kept trailers.
    Make sure you do a thorough pretrip because the last driver probably didn't. I've had to have numerous tires and marker lights changed.

I can't speak for anything other than the account that I'm on but they seem to constantly try to run me out of hours in 5 days instead of six. Trip planning will take you far especially if you have a multistop. My rule of thumb is 50 mph plus 30 min for every 2 hers of drive time. This helps to soak up out of route miles, customer delays, traffic, and bathroom/ fuel stops.

Rocknroller4 and Hermit825 Thank this.
  11. Rocknroller4

Nov 25, 2015
    What was Schneider's training like for you? They want me to go to Dallas for a refresher and commit to three months with them. Which isn't a big deal for me. Then off to Phoenix for the three week orientation.

or I have the choice to start at Werner with no commitments or training. Just orientation and straight into training. Personally, I could use the refresher I think. Haven't driven since 2015 when I was at truck school.

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.