Has anything changed with KLLM dispatch

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by tide4life, Dec 14, 2016.

1. tide4life

tide4life Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Just wondering if there have been any changes to KLLM dispatchers within the last year and a half?
    Reason I ask is because I ran for them for five months, from May - Sept. 2015. I really liked the company and the lease purchase was a really good one. Fixed expenses were just over 600 per week. My down fall was I had 3 dispatchers in 5 months and all 3 were in training. So you see what I'm getting out terrible routing. I was thinking about giving them a shot, just looking for some info on there present operations. Mainly dispatching. Any info would be appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Go away recruiter.
    Everyone knows to stay away from there and their l.p. program WAS NOT GOOD.

Puppage Thanks this.
  4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    YOU are driving that truck...why don't YOU buy an atlas and GPS, and make a phone call now and then to the shipper/receiver?

Man; I used to HATE when someone tried to drive my truck for me, run my log book for me, shift my truck for me, tell me when to sleep, tell me when--where--and how much fuel to put on, etc... Today's driver seem to whine if they DON'T have someone to do everything for them. What the hell is going on these days?!? You guys have completely destroyed anything "enjoyable" about trucking with your 'neediness'.

5. tide4life

tide4life Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2015
    I don't think you understood my post, I had dispatchers that would dispatch me good miles one week 3000+ and then the next two weeks would be terrible. Maybe 1700, at the most. they would get me in a bad lane and then couldn't get me out.

6. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    So it was load planning that was the problem, not routing?

7. tide4life

tide4life Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2015
    pretty much, something I had no control of

8. tide4life

tide4life Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2015
    well, I guess everything is still the same at KLLM dispatch since I haven't received any info on the subject. I guess I'll move on to other options. Just trying to do some research on these companies. I'm really more interested in picking my own freight. Just not interested in Schneiders high truck payments.

9. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    They set up dispatch where the new ones get with the new guys just going solo. Same with payroll. Still can't pick your own freight. You either take or turn down what they give as a lease driver.

tide4life Thanks this.
  10. tide4life

tide4life Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Yep, that was my experience there. turn down a load and you sit at a truck stop for 3 days

11. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    I'm company dedicated. so they keeping me running. They not perfect. But I can look pass some things that's not major.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.