Have A few questions on Crete

Discussion in 'Crete' started by Emolson, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I am sure a lot has changed since I worked for Crete, but at the higher pay scale, I was not getting miles and I was stuck in Paris, TX for 4 days, did not appreciate that. I started with them as Western Regional and never left L.A. I had to go national to just get out of L.A. and the tiny shag runs assiciated with being stuck there.
    This is my opinion, I know there are drivers who love Crete and would not have it any other way.
    Whatever you choose I do wish you the best of luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dirtyruxpin

dirtyruxpin Bobtail Member

May 5, 2009
    Crystal,Michigan
    Crete was a good company to work for until my second year. Then I had to argue with the terminal manager, asset manager and dispatch for all the miles I wanted. They like to save the best loads for brown nosers and Lincoln drivers. I finally had an arguement over $3.52 that I thought was owed to me for running refer loads. They wouldn't pay me extra for the extra responseability for pulling a refer so I decided it wasn't worth the arguing anymore. A multimillion dollar company fighting with a driver over $3.52. If it was worth it to them, it was worth it to me. The ASSet manager promised I would only do one refer load, not back to back to back refer loads. Shaffer drivers get paid more than Crete drivers, why couldn't they pay me the extra. They tried to make me feel better by telling me that when Shaffer pulls Cretes freight that they don't take a cut in pay to do it. Not sure how that was supposed to make me feel better though. Good Luck.

4. Emolson

Emolson Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Saint Louis (MO)
    Thought Crete got more miles then Shaffer did. Also I see more drivers for Crete than Shaffer. I first looked at Shaffer but when I saw that drivers was not getting any miles I was like this company may not be a good choice for me so then I checked out Crete and it sounds good so far. For the pay is high so if I at least get 2300-2500 miles that would be okay with me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.