Have accidents pls help..

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by KajunPie, Jun 20, 2018.

1. KajunPie

KajunPie Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Ahhh id do almost anything to get out of the food and beverage industry at this point. A year in iraq was the only other thing i have done in the last 13 years since I've started working. I know that i dont have any experience behind the wheel of a truck (other than the 56k lb mrap that i drove in iraq) but this idustry is crap and managing idiot minimum wage employees for 60+ hours a week is crap.

Its baby sitting and problem solving. Then the customer service aspect of it is a freaking joke. I love the idea of working independently and on the road. As i navigate this forum and read about these guys discussing (whining) about the things that stress them out... I think to myself that compared to the #### that i deal with on a daily basis, that would roll down my back.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KajunPie

KajunPie Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2018
    And i dont mean to step on anyones toes by saying there is no real stress or anything like that in the trucking industry. Nor am i a know it all that thinks driving a rig will be a complete piece of cake.

I have much respect for you guys and wish that i didnt have such a barrier in the way of me joining you.

4. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Yawn.

driverdriver Thanks this.
  5. KajunPie

KajunPie Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Do any of you have experience with a traffic lawyer? When i looked online to see what their fee would be to take the case i was actually pretty shocked at how much cheaper it seems to be than what i initially had in mind.

6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    They usually quote a flat fee, typically less than $200.

A good lawyer knows the law. A great lawyer knows the judge. A God lawyer went to law school with the judge.

KajunPie Thanks this.
  7. KajunPie

KajunPie Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2018
    So say i get the citation dismissed or lessened but the two at fault accidents remain, whats my chances?

8. windsmith

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    With Prime? I'd say look elsewhere.

I applied with Prime and was accepted. I ultimately declined their offer. Mainly because I had a squeaky clean MVR, and they still made the process a royal PITA.

KajunPie Thanks this.
  9. KajunPie

KajunPie Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2018
    So really my only option here is private cdl school and probably a smaller company that may be willing to take a chance on me? I appreciate the help.

10. windsmith

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Not just any private CDL school. Find a community college CDL program. Much less expensive, much better training, and doesn't come with strings attached.

KajunPie Thanks this.
  11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Prime does NOT have a reputation for overlooking blemishes in work history or driving records. They get far too many applications so they have a lot of ability to skip over applicants with less than perfect records.

KajunPie Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.