Have to start somewhere

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by daytona45, Jul 5, 2007.

1. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I am just as free as you are to post on here. You told me what you thought and I told you what I think.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scorekeeper

scorekeeper Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2007
    lathrop,calif.
    notarpsforme please continue to inform people with your knowledge,you're the balance this forum needs.I also followed daytona's posts an i'm thankful for his thread,but nobody can start a new or any job and have continued incidents and not incur consequences.

notarps4me and AfterShock Thank this.
  4. AA3NK

AA3NK Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Gloucester, MA
    It is called the unsubscribe button. And I just clicked it.

5. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Thank you. No one should hire on to any company by just listening to one person. I always tell people to do their research before they go somewhere. Maverick has been very good to me and I know that there are a lot of worse places I could be. There is another person on here that emailed me and they have narrowed it down to two companies and wanted my input. Maverick and Mcelroy. I told him about both and had a friend of mine who works for mcelroy call him. He could tell him more than I know. If I was so gung ho as some think about getting people to go with mav I would have not told him to check out mcelroy and see which one is a better fit for him. Makes no difference to me where anyone goes. I do like to help the newer guys start out. No one helped me when I started and I made a lot of mistakes. The more exp guys know more about which companies are good or not.

baseballswthrt Thanks this.
  6. CMoore2004

CMoore2004 Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    I ran into a Maverick driver who seemed pretty happy. It seems they actually give you guys the equipment you need to do the job, instead of making bungies out of tire inner-tubes. I was considering going over there after my schooling here was paid off, but the rider policy is a no-go for me.

7. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Yeah they give us what we need. My wife is going out with me this week.

8. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    :biggrin_2551::biggrin_25524:
    There are none so blind as those who would
    lead a horse to water,
    and STILL not wake up and smell the coffee brewing
    on the greener side of the fence.

Or, ......... sumthin' like that. :banghead::smt075:smt021:laughing-guffaw:

Put a tarp on it NoTarps!
    You baaddd man you ------->:naka:
    :laughing-guffaw:
    Me thanks y'all are fightin' a losin' battle. :biggrin_25525:
    Now-A-daze, .......SOME wannBees and newBees shoot the messenger(s) FIRST --- and ask a few (wrong) questions later. :biggrin_25523:
    It's twue!
    It's twue! :yes2557:

:glasses6::naka:
    Take your pick -------
    they're one in the same. :yes2557:

baseballswthrt Thanks this.
  9. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    And yet ANOTHER head buried in the sand ---
    exposing buttox.
    Perhaps the facts are just too confusing?
    Or upsetting?
    I suspect the IGNORE button is next,
    and pretend that thangs are fixed that way.

I just wanna here what I WANNA hear,
    And I WANNA hear it
    NOW! :biggrin_25523::biggrin_25523:

10. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Hrm.. no.. I don't think that's quite right.

They DON'T know what they want to hear... it's just that whatever somebody with expeeeeeerience says is obviously not it.

11. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    The other driver that I was talking about that got let go because he got put out of service and had too many points in 1 year. He is from my hometown. He had been with them just over a year. Maverick was his 1st company. He was involved in a wreck that his points was about to come off when he was let go. He went to work for a reefer outfit and he called me. I told him you think you fudged your books before just wait. He thought it was gonna be a good gig. Called me again and said they called him and wanted to know why he was behind schedule. He told them my GPS has me getting there an hour before my drop. They told him to quit goofing off and get there. He said he only stopped twice and all he had was 2 mountain dews. He said I am human I need sleep and to eat. They told him to step it up.

This is exactly what I was talking about. For you newbies that followed this thread and thought mav was ate up. This guy is finding out first hand how good mav was. No one pushed him in over a year. He has been with this company 1 week. You newbies would do well to listen to drivers that have been out here and know what trucking companies are like...:biggrin_25524:

AfterShock and Roadmedic Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.