Have you had a Rollover accident? Have you succeeded in Trucking after an accident?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Catrachotrucker, Apr 21, 2019.

1. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    In the oilfield 2012, I rolled a straight truck into a creek. The land slid into the water and took me with it. I was not cited. Scared the crap out of me as I was submerged in water. (Can’t remember if I posted the pics on TTR or not) my company did not fire me. Truck was brand new with 700 miles. Made me sick.

I tried going back OTR and got denied a few times, even though I explained the circumstances.

I didn’t try a lot of companies. I found other oilfield employment. Your results may vary.

Lonesome, speedyk and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Your not allowed to speak English there. Or know the rules of the road and courtesy.

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    depends on YOUR state.

it can be 3 years (like mine) or 5 years like others.

however, from day #1. your driving record started, so we all have a LIFETIME driving record.

it's what other companies decide what THEIR time line is to hire you. (it can be the insurance company's decision, or the owners decision)

it'll also be on your permanent record, with the company you worked for, and if a mega-carrier, they have most certainly DAC'd you, so any other mega-company may not touch you.

x1Heavy and QuietStorm Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Rolling a truck is usually a kiss of death to a career. (As if there is such a thing in trucking.)

6. Catrachotrucker

Catrachotrucker Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2019
    So yours doesn’t show on your mvr anymore?

dibo11 Thanks this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    well first, I NEVER HAD a rollover.

my state has a 3 year time frame for tickets and accidents. after that, it "drops off"

some states have a 5 year time frame, after that, it "drops off"

but ALL states have a LIFETIME record...any company at ANYTIME, can pay whatever fee the state wants, and order up a LIFETIME DMV on YOU.....

nothing "drops off" of our LIFETIME driving record.

i am retired, they can go pound sand now......

NightWind Thanks this.
  8. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Nicked my first car last night going down 94 around Chicago.

Not a whole lot of traffic being a Sunday night.
    I was in the middle lane and came up on a cop pulled over on the side but kinda hanging out into the right lane

Figured there wasn’t much traffic I would move over to the far left lane and give him some leeway

After passing I slowly and cautiously return to the center lane checking my fender and door mirror closely as I creep over.

Suddenly a little Chevy pops up from under my front right fender and he hits his brakes and his flashers.

I am like what the hell is this guy doing brake checking me , he has me down to 20 mph and now the traffic is flying up on me.

I start to put together that I must have bumped him since I never felt anything but I am not pulling over on the side here.

So he gets along side me and I motion I am going to find a stop oasis

Find one 6 miles down the road

Yep my high mounted bumper on my 3900 sb caught his tail light and poked a hole in it. My fender got a little scrape where it scraped the bumper cover.

He new he was in my blind spot when I told him I never saw him until he was in front of me.

Exchanged information and left before the cops came as safety told me to do

Probably a thousand bucks damage.

All I can figure out he must have been hanging out by my right front fender the whole time I went over left than when I returned he saw my blinker and accelerated

I have had a half dozen close calls where cars popped out of that blind spot.

You literally lose all sight of them for a second if they are passing you.

I have always been a cautionary lane changer for 35 years in my personal autos.

Going to mount a camera in the next few days to monitor the Spot.

Yet to meet with safety

Coffey, alds and wis bang Thank this.
  9. Marquise

Marquise Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2020
    I got 1 year experience and a rollover, is there any companies around the Louisiana area that will hire second chance drivers?

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  11. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I have an old friend, who has had 3 rollovers,years ago, still driving. I hear 3 rd times a charm, Lol

BerryTrucking Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.